Help needed - how to get 10 Krauts into the Yankee Stadium

Hightower

Registered
Oct 23, 2016
Hi NYCFC Soccer fans,

sorry to bother you with some silly questions but I need your help here. We are a bunch of 10-15 soccer enthusiastic German Krauts from White Plains. This year we would love to see your great team at the Yankee Stadium in the play-offs at a Saturday or Sunday to do some tailgating and watch a cool game. I now have the pleasure to "organize" this trip and thought it was a piece of cake. Well, looks lile it isn't really. So maybe you guys can help me out, please?

Here is what I found out today:

- tickets are only for member of the NYC FC
- you will play the semifinal in your conference on November 6 at home
- if you make it to the conference final, you'll play potentially play on a Tuesday or Wednesday in November
- the home and away rule is related to the seeding resulting from the league season. So If you make it to the final you only have a home game if you play against a team which was seeded below your 2nd place. (btw - what happens if Colorado makes it into the final? Since they are second like you guys...)

Correct so far? Ok, then here are my questions:

- if only members can buy tickets - what are our chances getting tickets (assuming we'll be around 10, willing to pay something around 50 bucks, preferably sitting together)?
- will your semifinal be sold out, so do we need to prepare for the black market or is there an official way to get tickets?
- is there a good place for tailgating with BBQ and stuff? Where do you guys meet?
- something else we should consider?

Sorry for my bad English and thanks in advance for your help!
Matt

Hi NYCFC Soccer fans,

sorry to bother you with some silly questions but I need your help here. We are a bunch of 10-15 soccer enthusiastic German Krauts from White Plains. This year we would love to see your great team at the Yankee Stadium in the play-offs at a Saturday or Sunday to do some tailgating and watch a cool game. I now have the pleasure to "organize" this trip and thought it was a piece of cake. Well, looks lile it isn't really. So maybe you guys can help me out, please?

Here is what I found out today:

- tickets are only for member of the NYC FC
- you will play the semifinal in your conference on November 6 at home
- if you make it to the conference final, you'll play potentially play on a Tuesday or Wednesday in November
- the home and away rule is related to the seeding resulting from the league season. So If you make it to the final you only have a home game if you play against a team which was seeded below your 2nd place. (btw - what happens if Colorado makes it into the final? Since they are second like you guys...)

Correct so far? Ok, then here are my questions:

- if only members can buy tickets - what are our chances getting tickets (assuming we'll be around 10, willing to pay something around 50 bucks, preferably sitting together)?
- will your semifinal be sold out, so do we need to prepare for the black market or is there an official way to get tickets?
- is there a good place for tailgating with BBQ and stuff? Where do you guys meet?
- something else we should consider?

Sorry for my bad English and thanks in advance for your help!
Matt
You'll be able to get tickets now. Presale was members only.

You can find a tailgate spot if you have a car. But it's NYC. The atmosphere is in the bars.

Come. Have fun. Don't bring a pigeon flag. With your accent, EOS would massacre us.

Thanks for you answers. And no worries, we are already americanized and won't bring our own sausages and we'll leave our flags at home.

Just to make sure: It will be Sunday November 6, right? And do we know the kick-off time?

(Reason I'm asking is that it doesn't say anywhere where tickets can be bought...)

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Thanks for you answers. And no worries, we are already americanized and won't bring our own sausages and we'll leave our flags at home.

Just to make sure: It will be Sunday November 6, right? And do we know the kick-off time?

(Reason I'm asking is that it doesn't say anywhere where tickets can be bought...)
Sunday November 6th, yes. Kick-off time is not yet known. I think we'll end up with the 7pm kickoff, but thats just a hunch.

As Lion already said, best place to buy your tickets is here.
http://www.ticketmaster.com/new-yor...=1991293&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11&bba=1

I personally recommend using the buy on map feature in conjunction with the find seats for me feature, it will give you the best sense of where your tickets will be located.

Generally the easiest way of getting to and from the stadium is via train, if you guys need to drive remember you must have a sober driver. The cops are on the hunt for drunk drivers after a sporting event.

If you want the best experience you really want to go to the bars around the stadium. Look around and see which bar you believe would fit you best.

Typically game times are decided after we know who were going to be playing. We should know by Friday morning at the absolute latest.

Other tips.

1. Drinks in American stadiums are very expensive, this is partially so the team can make money and partially because the team does not want to deal with very drunk fans. If you feel the need to be drunk/buzzed for the game, I would recommend doing so beforehand. As two beers will run you about $20 in the stadium.

2. Food is likewise more expensive than normal, but its not too bad.

3. Again, there is a metro north stop at Yankee Stadium, taking the train is a great no hassle way of getting to the stadium.

4. I hear parking can be expensive in NYC.

5. HAVE FUN!

Reactions: FootyLovin
As Lion already said, best place to buy your tickets is here.
http://www.ticketmaster.com/new-yor...=1991293&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11&bba=1

I personally recommend using the buy on map feature in conjunction with the find seats for me feature, it will give you the best sense of where your tickets will be located.

Generally the easiest way of getting to and from the stadium is via train, if you guys need to drive remember you must have a sober driver. The cops are on the hunt for drunk drivers after a sporting event.

If you want the best experience you really want to go to the bars around the stadium. Look around and see which bar you believe would fit you best.

Typically game times are decided after we know who were going to be playing. We should know by Friday morning at the absolute latest.

Other tips.

1. Drinks in American stadiums are very expensive, this is partially so the team can make money and partially because the team does not want to deal with very drunk fans. If you feel the need to be drunk/buzzed for the game, I would recommend doing so beforehand. As two beers will run you about $20 in the stadium.

2. Food is likewise more expensive than normal, but its not too bad.

3. Again, there is a metro north stop at Yankee Stadium, taking the train is a great no hassle way of getting to the stadium.

4. I hear parking can be expensive in NYC.

5. HAVE FUN!

Hi J,

thanks for the insights, great tips. I personally would prefer to do visit some bars as well, let's see what my buddies feel like. It's more a getting-together-thing so tailgating might be more fun.

And thanks - I'm pretty sure we'll have tons of fun! Something you might not think of Germans but we describe ourselves as "specials" ;-)

Matt

Thanks for the quick reply. When will the kick-off time be decided?
I'm not exactly sure, especially since that is the second leg of the series. They may decide the game times after the Wednesday/Thursday games, or they may wait to schedule the times after first legs are played.

I'm also hoping we will get the 7pm game as I'll be in Hong Kong and that will be easier to wake up for and watch as opposed to an earlier game since HK is 12 hours ahead.

I believe the times won't be determined until the matchups are set for TV purposes.

A couple of other things when thinking about tickets.

- They haven't opened up resales on Tickemaster yet, but I would expect that those will come available soon and might have some good options.
- I saw something on line that said groups of 10 or more get a discount, so consider that option. You might have to call into the Club.
- I would hope and guess that they will open up some of the upper levels of the stadium for this one, but no announcement so far. That would mean more tickets, but you should still try to get in the lower levels.
- There is a nice feature on this site called "view from your seat" that you should use when thinking about where to sit.

Have fun. I went to the very first game with a German couple and their American kids, and we all had a great time.

Reactions: JGarrettLieb
Hi J,

thanks for the insights, great tips. I personally would prefer to do visit some bars as well, let's see what my buddies feel like. It's more a getting-together-thing so tailgating might be more fun.

And thanks - I'm pretty sure we'll have tons of fun! Something you might not think of Germans but we describe ourselves as "specials" ;-)

Matt
Stop at Stan's. old yankee bar and very cool. If you feel like hard liquor I go for a plastic flask so you can sneak it in without setting off the metal detectors.