Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City Football Club vs. The Philadelphia Union
Etihad Pitch at Yankee Stadium, Home of the Chicken Bucket
Sunday, the 28th of October at 4:30 PM (All MLS matches simultaneously kickoff at 4:45 PM)
YES, WNYE 91.5 FM, WADO 1280 AM (TV coverage subject to change per national flex schedule with FS1/Fs2)

It's Decision Day presented by AT&T! It's Fan Appreciation Day!

I'm deciding to open up this thread early because of all the fan appreciating the front office is doing for this match...

https://www.nycfc.com/post/2018/10/16/join-nycfc-fan-appreciation-day-1028

The Club is pleased to announce that Yankee legend Bernie Williams will be performing the National Anthem...

Be sure to join us at the Fan Fest prior to kick off from 1PM-3:30PM on River Avenue featuring music, inflatable kick walls, prizes, and gifts from our family of NYCFC partners...

The Club will also be providing a number of special discounts at fixed concession stands, including 30% off bottled water, fountain sodas, hot dogs and sausages...

Adidas and Mitchell & Ness hats will also be marked down, and exclusive playoff merchandise will be available for sale at the team store...

Make sure you arrive early because, upon entering the stadium, fans will have the opportunity to randomly win one of the following:

• Seat Upgrades to Pitch Side Seats; Seat Upgrades to Delta Sky 360; Playoff Tickets
  • Food and Beverage Gift Cards; NYCFC Team Merchandise; New York-Presbyterian Training Jersey
  • Alex Ring Signed All-Star Jersey; Official MLS Game Ball; Autographed Mini-Balls
  • Bluetooth Headphones
  • Be the honorary captain and flip the coin with the team captains ahead of kickoff
  • Set off the smokestacks to start the game
  • Participate in the pre-game ceremony by holding a NYC11 player flag
  • Win a spot in the “Shirts Off Our Backs” ceremony
  • You and a guest get to sit in the club hospitality suite
  • Attend the post-match press conference
And that’s just what’s taking place off the field.

Last edited:
Liked for opening the thread early.
Only took him all season

The only reason I see opening all match threads at the start of the season would be coordinate who is going in terms of meet ups/travel plans, especially for away matches.

What are some other reasons that would merit opening all match threads at the start of the season?

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Don't think we need start of the season, necessarily. I just think some (most?) here would like match threads opened two matches in advance rather than just for the next match only. I think that would be particularly helpful when there is a mid-week match, but probably useful year round.

giphy.gif

The only reason I see opening all match threads at the start of the season would be coordinate who is going in terms of meet ups/travel plans, especially for away matches.

What are some other reasons that would merit opening all match threads at the start of the season?
You could possibly create another sub-folder under MatchDay that includes all future matches (except for the immediate one) so that they are there, but don't clutter the Matchday page.

And then as they come up, just move them out of the sub-folder into the main folder.

I would be in favor of opening it up early at least for games less than maybe 5 days apart. So Sunday-Friday could still be as it ever was, but Saturday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Sunday would allow for looking ahead.

Bernie performed one of the worst renditions of the Anthem already. Fitting he'll be playing again as our form is butchered, as well.

Reactions: JayH
We need a tie to clinch a home game in the first round.

If we lose to Philly, they finish above us, and if that happens and DC beats Chicago, they also finish above us.

In fact, if that happens, we go to DC.

If we tie or win, we finish in 3rd and host the #6 team. Right now, that would be Columbus.

I am not confident in this team's ability to get a point even at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.