Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. Real Salt Lake
Yankee Stadium
Wednesday, April 11th 7 PM ET
YES, WNYC 91.5 FM, WADO 1280 AM
Stream on Fox Sports Go (with cable subscription)

NYCFC took the three points on the road in San Jose on March 31st, with Anton Tinnerholm scoring the best volley in the state of California on the day by a Swede. Shradi had a great run leading to the assist to Moralez on the game winner. And Sean Johnson had a hella game. (Hope everyone had a good Passover/Easter weekend). We're on rest during week six with a bye then we're back in action at home to face RSL, a team we haven't won against in MLS. I think this is the year we do it.

Last edited:
It’s ticket trade in nite!

It’s the first match I’ll be able to make.

giphy.gif

ETA. I couldn’t read the subtitles when I chose the GIF, but why should things make sense?

Attendance is going to be brutal for this game. Could be a record low.
I suspect that's right. I am pretty disappointed by the spotty attendance at our first two games, and this one looks worse. I would be there but for some domestic duties that were scheduled by Mrs. Dr. Gotham.

Hopefully, people will make it out. This could be a big night.

Our Inaugural First Ever Point Against Real Salt Lake.

I suspect that's right. I am pretty disappointed by the spotty attendance at our first two games, and this one looks worse. I would be there but for some domestic duties that were scheduled by Mrs. Dr. Gotham.

Hopefully, people will make it out. This could be a big night.

Our Inaugural First Ever Point Against Real Salt Lake.

I would go too... But it's a Wednesday night... In April... With school the next day.

Whoever makes the schedule doesn't consider that some fans have kids.

Attendance is going to be brutal for this game. Could be a record low.

It may well be but take a look at what happened around MLB this opening weekend. 5 teams have already reported sub-15,000 figures (all of which are tickets sold not turnstile). The declines we see are not entirely specific to us or MLS.

I would go too... But it's a Wednesday night... In April... With school the next day.

The problem is that we share a stadium and we don't get first dibs. The only open weekend in April with enough days before and after for the field changeover is the 29th and we already have a home game scheduled. Can't use the weekend of the 14th because the Yankees have a Monday late afternoon game. So we play on a Wednesday.

The problem is that we share a stadium and we don't get first dibs. The only open weekend in April with enough days before and after for the field changeover is the 29th and we already have a home game scheduled. Can't use the weekend of the 14th because the Yankees have a Monday late afternoon game. So we play on a Wednesday.

Unrelated to the RSL game but I'd have been happier if they had scheduled 3-4 games at Citi Field into the 2018 schedule so we could minimize the Wednesday games and huge month long break between home games in September and October.

Reactions: adam
Unrelated to the RSL game but I'd have been happier if they had scheduled 3-4 games at Citi Field into the 2018 schedule so we could minimize the Wednesday games and huge month long break between home games in September and October.
The Mets are away the weekend of the 7th and 8th so that would have worked out just fine. I'd really like to know how much the club loses by moving a match though, especially on short notice. It might be better financially to have 14,000 at Yankee Stadium on a Wednesday than 20,000 at Citi Field on a weekend given the cost of moving everything to another stadium. I do think they *should* have matches at Citi Field but I'd like to see them as part of the regular schedule announced at the beginning of the season. If we don't have a real home might as well have two not-real-homes.

And of course as always, everything eventually points to the stadium thread.

RSL and Dallas are the only teams we haven't beaten yet, right? (and LAFC, obviously)

Yes, we've gotten three points from every team in the league that has played prior to the 2018 season, except for RSL and Dallas.

RSL
2015: 2-0 loss in Utah
2016: 3-2 loss in New York
2017: 2-1 loss in Utah

Dallas
2015: 2-1 loss in Dallas
2016: 2-2 tie in New York
2017: 1-1 tie in Dallas

I don't think that's fair -- of course they consider it but even taking out of account the Yankee Stadium conflict issues midweek games are unavoidable. When you add in the Yankee Stadium issues, well, I don't envy the people who have to create the schedule -- it's a thankless, impossible task.

Status
Not open for further replies.