Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
New York City FC vs. Chicago Fire SC
Yankee Stadium
Wednesday, September 26 7 PM
YES2, WQBU 92.7 FM

We play hosts to Chicago this Wednesday having won only once in 9 games. NYCFC haven’t won in their last 6 and only picked up 3 points in that span. Only 6 points in the last 9.
What’s got to change to ensure we win?

Kickoff 7pm Broadcast on YES. (LionMod: I’m seeing YES2 on the schedule, so another clusterfuck of tv broadcasting for a second straight match).

Last edited by a moderator:
This might be the first time in 4 years I skip a home game just because I don’t feel like going.
I'll be there for sure. If we figure out the puzzle it will be interesting to see how, and obviously gratifying. If we don't, banking these negative experiences will make for a more gratifying payoff when it all comes together (in weeks, months or even years).

Such is the demented fan calculus of footballing jouissance, that leaves the low hanging fruit of simple plaisir to more well adjusted and stable individuals.

(Excuse me for taking the liberty of using French words while I'm still in the land of poutine)

(And for being overly apologetic while in the land of the perennially sorry)

I'm going too. Probably by myself. I'll just keep expectations low and park myself near the high end beer stall.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I’ll be there. As a lifelong Jets/Islanders/Nets fan, I always show up for my shitty teams. Hopefully NYC can turn this around, because they aren’t really shitty, just playing that way.

And if it were feasible to get to White Hart Lane regularly, we'd be there too! (Not that Spurs are as shitty as the rest. Just a bit lackluster so far...)

Reactions: adam
I’ll be there. As a lifelong Jets/Islanders/Nets fan, I always show up for my shitty teams. Hopefully NYC can turn this around, because they aren’t really shitty, just playing that way.
Join me at the bar and we'll drink to our demise.
(actually not sure yet if i'll be there, depends on how much I won't be missing during my class at that time.)

So, no Callens for this one. I am good with Chanot and Ibby, but no back ups. Same situation as last year, when we had to start a playoff game with one healthy center back. Need more depth at that position.

New York City v Chicago Fire
Yankee Stadium (7PM ET)
REF: Jair Marrufo
AR1: Adam Garner
AR2: Jeremy Kieso
4TH: Robert Sibiga
VAR: Mark Geiger

Geiger was the VAR during the Red Card Wedding.

Sibiga is friendly.

New York City v Chicago Fire
Yankee Stadium (7PM ET)
REF: Jair Marrufo
AR1: Adam Garner
AR2: Jeremy Kieso
4TH: Robert Sibiga
VAR: Mark Geiger
Haha, I like how you didn't even bother with your typical write-up on this!

Reactions: canchon
Haha, I like how you didn't even bother with your typical write-up on this!

A few games ago, I decided what's the point of even bothering with the write ups. It's not worth it anymore, I believe PRO/MLS is out to fuck us from the CCL bid which they already achieved as we can't catch Atlanta. Now they'll make sure we aren't second in case of an ATL-SKC MLS Cup finals.

Have to think with it being UN GA that a lot of delegations (especially Germany and Spain) will come out to this game.

with adam.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.