Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. New England Revolution
Sunday, October 11th 4:30 PM ET
Yankee Stadium
YES

Philadelphia Union is selling tickets for their match on Sunday. Playing at Yankee Stadium again just makes me sad that we're missing attending home games at our actual home stadium. Anyway, hopefully another 3 points on Sunday.

Philadelphia Union is selling tickets for their match on Sunday. Playing at Yankee Stadium again just makes me sad that we're missing attending home games at our actual home stadium. Anyway, hopefully another 3 points on Sunday.
Interesting.

In Florida, the governor is allowing stadiums to be 100% full starting this weekend.

That’s crazy. But not letting a fraction of people to sit outdoors, with masks, in a socially distanced manner is just about as crazy.

Interesting.

In Florida, the governor is allowing stadiums to be 100% full starting this weekend.

That’s crazy. But not letting a fraction of people to sit outdoors, with masks, in a socially distanced manner is just about as crazy.
I'm interested in seeing how the Florida stadium thing plays out. While I can't say with total certainty there have been no exceptions that I missed, every situation I have looked at -- movies, NASCAR, other sporting events -- when attendance is permitted it has always been far below the max limitation. So I'm curious to see whether removing the legal cap (as I understand it venues are still free to limit capacity though local governments are not) really causes attendance to shoot up. I think attendance levels will hold at first, creep up slowly, and then at some point a big event, like a rivalry college football game, will blow through the ceiling. But I think that will take a while.

I'm interested in seeing how the Florida stadium thing plays out. While I can't say with total certainty there have been no exceptions that I missed, every situation I have looked at -- movies, NASCAR, other sporting events -- when attendance is permitted it has always been far below the max limitation. So I'm curious to see whether removing the legal cap (as I understand it venues are still free to limit capacity though local governments are not) really causes attendance to shoot up. I think attendance levels will hold at first, creep up slowly, and then at some point a big event, like a rivalry college football game, will blow through the ceiling. But I think that will take a while.
Teams are choosing to not allow 100%. I have friends that are season ticket holders and they are allotted 2 home game tickets up to 20% capacity for the Bucs. So once a more popular game is filled you have to choose between the remaining. They allowed VIP members to choose first which included people with 20+ years then they went by ticket $$$ level. Miami also opted out of 100%.
I can see them choosing to expand it later in the year.
People still wear their masks down here. If you see stuff on the news telling you otherwise it’s a lie. I see well over a thousand people 5 days a week and can count on one hand the people that are coming in not wearing them. Usually it results in someone coming up to me or other management throwing a fit and calling them Trumpers :tearsofjoy:
Where we are in the state right now with coronavirus makes you question things a bit. We’ve been partially open to 100% open for 3 months now and have numbers similar to some states that are still on restrictions.
My hypothesis is that the large case numbers we’ve had have contributed to increased immunity. The masks play a big part as it’s been reported that the severity of your infection is greatly dependent on viral load. Which can explain why sometimes older people and younger people experience no symptoms or heavy symptoms. One of my bosses contracted it from a family member and was out close to a month and still has lingering lung issues and he gave it to 3 members of management but spent a greater amount of time (after we reviewed 3 days of video footage) with one of them in a closed office and that person was the only one who had symptoms. The other two were asymptomatic and retested negative within 2 weeks. I was quarantined and tested negative despite being in a closed office with him but I had a mask on.
My current boss contracted it from a wedding after party at their hotel where one of the people in the hot tub had it, tested positive a few days later and the only people infected were those in the tub... no one else (that he knows of) from the actual wedding. This goes back to viral load. Again, my opinion based on what I’ve read and seen. Infection depends on a few factors... proximity, time and load. The longer you’re in close contact with an infected person the more chance you have of being infected.
Take grocery store workers for example. I’ve been in 3 stores now since this pandemic began each with well over 100 people and all coming into contact with each other and thousands of people that enter the stores per day. The cases that I know of are below 10 and the majority of those started outside of work but did spread from close continuous contact at work.
So my boss with the bad symptoms had a large viral load and experienced heavy symptoms. Gave it to 3 people 1 of whom had a lot of contact with him and experienced heavy symptoms.
Another boss had continuous contact at a hot tub and experienced symptoms.
So, with what I’ve seen I personally believe that closing restaurants and bars has little to do with the spread of this virus as neither of those are catalysts for infection. If you’re in close contact with a family member at home versus a bar/restaurant it won’t change the chance of infection. Now if you’re sitting with someone at a bar/restaurant who is infected that’s different but would them being closed have prevented you from meeting up with that person to begin with? So really the only outlier there is the workers and we have little to no research that restaurant and bar workers spread the virus as they’ve been closed/limited since this all began.
I am slightly opposed to 100% sporting event capacity as that does break social distancing guidelines and I’ve seen first hand that time and proximity have an impact on infection and severity of infection. Sitting and talking directly next to people on all sides of you may not be the best idea. It’s pretty obvious that Florida has picked economy over health and safety. They want us to live with the virus until a vaccine is available and honestly once the dust settles that may not have been the worst approach. People on the outside looking in are appalled while people living here see first hand that there’s no way we are going back to closing the state.
Apologies for rambling but I guess it kind of applies to the post.

With a win this afternoon, NYCFC controls its ability to finish in the top four in the Eastern Conference and earn a home playoff match. This was easier to see before the cancellation of the Orlando-Columbus match, but the math is still the same:
A win against New England puts NYCFC at 29 points after 17 games. Say that the Orlando-Columbus match was played as scheduled, putting them also at 17 games. Any result would have left at least one of the teams within two points of NYCFC. Orlando at 30 points with a Columbus win, Columbus at 31 with an Orlando win, and Orlando at 31 with a tie. Considering NYCFC is scheduled to play both Orlando and Columbus in the coming week, winning the head-to-head and matching results the rest of the season keeps the team in no worse than fourth.​

Castellanos should be good to go, even though he received his fifth yellow card of the season in the DC match. For accumulation purposes, one was taken back for good behavior across two starts and five sub appearances -- 242 minutes. With four yellow cards in the past five games though, we may be seeing Medina or Ring at striker in the not too distant future.

Hartford Athletic lost last night in the USL playoffs, so Justin Haak should be returning from his loan. The team has been scraping together a gameday roster (18+2) these past couple matches, with third-string goalkeeper Barraza filling the 20th spot.

With a win this afternoon, NYCFC controls its ability to finish in the top four in the Eastern Conference and earn a home playoff match. This was easier to see before the cancellation of the Orlando-Columbus match, but the math is still the same:
A win against New England puts NYCFC at 29 points after 17 games. Say that the Orlando-Columbus match was played as scheduled, putting them also at 17 games. Any result would have left at least one of the teams within two points of NYCFC. Orlando at 30 points with a Columbus win, Columbus at 31 with an Orlando win, and Orlando at 31 with a tie. Considering NYCFC is scheduled to play both Orlando and Columbus in the coming week, winning the head-to-head and matching results the rest of the season keeps the team in no worse than fourth.​

Castellanos should be good to go, even though he received his fifth yellow card of the season in the DC match. For accumulation purposes, one was taken back for good behavior across two starts and five sub appearances -- 242 minutes. With four yellow cards in the past five games though, we may be seeing Medina or Ring at striker in the not too distant future.

Hartford Athletic lost last night in the USL playoffs, so Justin Haak should be returning from his loan. The team has been scraping together a gameday roster (18+2) these past couple matches, with third-string goalkeeper Barraza filling the 20th spot.

Orlando and Columbus matches were both cancelled due to positive COVID cases. We tentatively play them on Wednesday and Sunday. But it's good to know we still control our own destiny for a non-play-in home match for the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.