How Many Season Tickets Will We Sell For 2016? Season Ticket Question.

bigapplepie

Registered
Mar 29, 2015
This season NYC sold 16,000 season tickets.

Average attendance, excluding NE and NJ games was 24,042 for our first 7 games and 28,231 for the last 7 games, despite the lackluster performances.

Based on that increase, do you think we can top 20,000 season ticket sales for next season?

I'm considering buying a season ticker but what would happen if I wanted to bring some friends? Would I be able to swap seats?

Thanks!

Average attendance, excluding NE and NJ games was 24,042 for our first 7 games and 28,231 for the last 7 games, despite the lackluster performances.

Based on that increase, do you think we can top 20,000 season ticket sales for next season?

I'm considering buying a season ticker but what would happen if I wanted to bring some friends? Would I be able to swap seats?

Thanks!

I thought we were already at 19000 for this year.
If you can swing it financially you are better off buying a pair which I think are easier to sell than a single ticket.
then bring a friend to the games you want and sell the other games

Thanks!
I asked earlier in the year if I could swap my two season tickets for three tickets to a particular game (paying for the extra ticket, of course). They were rather unhelpful and said I couldn't do that and that my only option was to sell my two on the secondary market and then buy three new tickets. Seemed like a silly policy since, if I'm a first year team, I'm interested in getting new people in the door.

Season ticket holders this year have been able to buy up to 8 tickets for a given game at a discounted price. That's been very useful to me on a couple of occasions when I've put together a group of 5-6 to go to the game. I've bought the seats together and then sold my pair of season tickets to cover my costs.

Reactions: Acupofbeans
Season ticket holders this year have been able to buy up to 8 tickets for a given game at a discounted price. That's been very useful to me on a couple of occasions when I've put together a group of 5-6 to go to the game. I've bought the seats together and then sold my pair of season tickets to cover my costs.

This is about the best option. I've also see plenty of empty seats at games, so chances are you will be able to find a way to sit together.

This is about the best option. I've also see plenty of empty seats at games, so chances are you will be able to find a way to sit together.

That is true Jock. I've rarely sat in my assigned seat. But that won't work if every game is a 24,000, 25,000 or 26,000 sellout. :)

Thanks for the advice guys.

In our case, we bought one extra discounted ticket in the next section and then moved to sit together.

19,000 sold to Founding Members so far I believe but we are lagging Atlanta who have sold over 20,000 for the 2017 season.

19,000 sold to Founding Members so far I believe but we are lagging Atlanta who have sold over 20,000 for the 2017 season.
I believe that Atlanta only took a $50 deposit to become a season ticket holder. That doesn't mean that all 20k of those pimple will actually follow through and buy.

Reactions: Gene
I believe that Atlanta only took a $50 deposit to become a season ticket holder. That doesn't mean that all 20k of those pimple will actually follow through and buy.

We did the same. I have no idea what the sell through numbers were like.

It's a somewhat different situation between NYCFC & Atlanta.

The Atlanta deal is your single $50 deposit can reserve up to 8 seats. The deposit is fully refundable and you can change the number of seats or bail anytime from now until the invoices are due.

The only reason it's a issue with me is their SG (Terminus something or another?) campaigned for all their members to request 8 seats whether they wanted them or not.

A master stroke of genius on their part to generate a lot of good publicity, but let's see how inflated those numbers are when those phantom STH's have to pony up sometime next year.

The only reason it's a issue with me is their SG (Terminus something or another?) campaigned for all their members to request 8 seats whether they wanted them or not.

That might not matter as the team is claiming it has 24,000 deposits:
"Club officials say season ticket deposits are approaching 24,000, which is larger than MLS’s 2015 attendance average."

I thought maybe the reporter or the club were being loose, and mixing up seat requests with deposits, but an mls story from June also refers to "the club's 21,000 registered supporters who have committed season ticket deposits to date."

This means I think that the 21-24k deposits represent potentially 2-3 times that number of seats. But, you are also correct that the deposit is refundable. I don't think ours was and that can make a large difference in the sell through rate. I expect ours was quite high; I expect theirs to be lower (although we will probably never know either one). But even when they are refundable people don't pay $50 for kicks and giggles, expecting to just get it back 2 years later. I think they will sell to a decent chunk of those 24k founders.

If they only get 33% sell through and only 2 tickets per account, that's still 16k to start before the season starts. Unless they are inflating the deposit numbers, I would actually expect them to break 20k by Opening Day.

19,000 in this season and at least 23,000 for 2016.
You know, much as I'd rather be in our own stadium there's definitely something to be said for more or less infinite room to expand. We could sell 25,000 season tickets and still have 10,000 seats in the 300 level for casual fans to buy single games.

19,000 in this season and at least 23,000 for 2016.
Id love this to be the case :)
Any increase, even 1000 or so will be acceptable. Lack of success inevitably means a slow building process when grabbing new fans.
A few good ad campaigns and who knows, however.