Is Hudson River Blue For Nycfc Fans Or Not?

Gentile

Registered
Feb 2, 2015
I don't want propaganda, but the main writer on there is really getting on my nerves.

Why does he seem to believe every negative rumour about the team?

He is going off on Twitter about the NYDN tweet about Kreis being over ruled and jumping to conclusions as usual again.

Heh guy, how about you wait a season or two to see what is up with CFG,
before believing every negative story from the usual suspects in the MLS circle jerk media?

Nick Chavez can be annoying no doubt, but I feel he is an example of the closed shop in the MLS/US soccer media/bloggers. He is not part of the cosy family and because he backs NYCFC religiously he is targeted constantly.

This guy from Hudson River Blue might as well be a Redbull fan the way he constantly shits on the ownership!
He IS part of that cosy MLS media/blog group as he sucks up to
the likes of Dickinson and Fishkin constantly!

I don't want propaganda, but if you are a blog for fans of NYCFC, how about giving the owners and the team a bit of time before shitting on them.

The club gets enough uninformed ludicrous crap from outsiders already, why should a blog for the team act in the same way?

Dave Martinez is the only guy from that bunch that I have time for.

I don't want propaganda, but the main writer on there is really getting on my nerves.

He is going off on Twitter about the NYDN tweet about Kreis being over ruled and jumping to conclusions as usual again.

before believing every negative story from the usual suspects in the MLS circle jerk media?

Nick Chavez can be annoying no doubt, but I feel he is an example of the closed shop in the MLS/US soccer media/bloggers. He is not part of the cosy family and because he backs NYCFC religiously he is targeted constantly.

This guy from Hudson River Blue might as well be a Redbull fan the way he constantly shits on the ownership!

I don't want propaganda, but if you are a blog for fans of NYCFC, how about giving the owners and the team a bit of time before shitting on them.

The club gets enough uninformed ludicrous crap from outsiders already, why should a blog for the team act in the same way?

I couldn't possibly agree with everything you said anymore.

Wow went over there for a look and your right. Not only the article about the overruling and saying "Man City" not "CFG" over rule "We're a AAA team" and other nonsense but a second article saying Pirlo doesn't fit our system and we'll have to adopt lineup around him and he suspects we won't gel and will miss the play offs. Have seen less negativity in Morrisey lyrics...

For anyone unfamiliar with them I can sum up every argument they've ever made:

"CFG is terrible because Frank Lampard. (Insert topic here) is not (insert verb here) because CFG is terrible… But I may be wrong."

Wow went over there for a look and your right. Not only the article about the overruling and saying "Man City" not "CFG" over rule "We're a AAA team" and other nonsense but a second article saying Pirlo doesn't fit our system and we'll have to adopt lineup around him and he suspects we won't gel and will miss the play offs. Have seen less negativity in Morrisey lyrics...

lol it's really laughable! I said to him when he was crying about Pirlo disrupting the team, that (at the time) we are the worst team in MLS how can a player like Pirlo make us worse? Get us relegated?

He spews ludicrous, negative rubbish that would make a Cosmos/Redbull fan proud and it's a blog for NYCFC fans! You couldn't make it up! How did he get this gig? Who hires the writers for that site? I can tell you one thing,
he is never a NYCFC fan. Seems like he is doing it to get his name out there or something.

If I want to read constant negative snap judgemental crap about the team I can just search NYCFC on Twitter!
Don't need it in a blog that is supposed to be for the team lol

I guess to each his own, but for me, I stopped reading blogs and sites like Big Soccer ages ago. It's amazing how avoiding such places is a boost to ones disposition and mental health.

Wonder what has happened to all the shitheads from the "Chivas²" brigade?

I think some of this is a little harsh. Yes, he's negative about Pirlo, but he posted a long, reasonable and well thought out article. It wasn't just spewing vile, and while I disagree overall, I don't fault him for it.
Most of people reaction seems to be to Raf most recent tweets and yeah they are guilty of going for the “hot take” and trying to back that up. Sometimes it's better to just call them out on twitter or on the site when u think they are full of it.

I think he had a few valid points. Him and Chavez both are kind of a bit too extreme on either side of the aisle so to speak. Sort of a Fox News vs. MSNBC type of deal. Got to just take both with a grain of salt.

I don't understand the desire to agree with everything written about the team. People have other opinions. Jeez, personally attacking a guy's looks because you don't like his opinion?

The acid test will be this. Let's assume that in October, this team is firing on all cylinders and the Pirlo move is a success. Will he publish a mea culpa? I can accept almost any point of view from a sports writer as long as they can admit when they were wrong.

I don't understand the desire to agree with everything written about the team. People have other opinions. Jeez, personally attacking a guy's looks because you don't like his opinion?
Everything he writes about the team is negative spin. It's obvious he isn't a fan, not once has he been excited about anything regarding NYCFC.

Being critical of individual decisions is fine but this guy comes off as Anti CFG to me like he thinks their bad for both us in particular and MLS in general. Makes it difficult to write about us objectively if your starting from that POV IMO.

Nobody is more critical of the team than Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan but you can still tell he's a fan. It feels like Hudson River Blue is being run by a Cosmos or red bulls fan.
I get what you're saying. I can actually see both sides here.

I think a lot of the blogs on SBN actually take a cynical view of the team they cover. Most of them do it in a more humorous way, though. I'm not going to get worked up about it.

It doesn't look like they have much of a following anyway.

For anyone unfamiliar with them I can sum up every argument they've ever made:

"CFG is terrible because Frank Lampard. (Insert topic here) is not (insert verb here) because CFG is terrible… But I may be wrong."
CFG is still totally worthy of criticism. That article today was absolutely terrible, but CFG's not exactly been model ownership to date.

I think a lot of the blogs on SBN actually take a cynical view of the team they cover. Most of them do it in a more humorous way, though. I'm not going to get worked up about it.
This is definitely, 1000% true.
Wonder what has happened to all the shitheads from the "Chivas²" brigade?
They're on Reddit.

Reactions: Gene