James Sands [Midfielder] [HG]

Oddly the Yanks abroad section on bigsoccer is way harsher on him than the Rangers fans.
IMO most of the USMNT accounts seem to develop opinions on players fairly quickly and then look to fit narratives into those opinions while "new" (or very young) USMNT players are often given the benefit of the doubt and their accomplishments are often exaggerated.

Case in point, from the USMNT accounts, they are incredibly more excited about what Malik Tillman did last night (def is fair to be excited about that), while James Sands' performance isn't really mentioned much. Whereas the more national accounts, as well as European and Rangers accounts are gushing about Sands as MOTM.

IMO most of the USMNT accounts seem to develop opinions on players fairly quickly and then look to fit narratives into those opinions while "new" (or very young) USMNT players are often given the benefit of the doubt and their accomplishments are often exaggerated.

Case in point, from the USMNT accounts, they are incredibly more excited about what Malik Tillman did last night (def is fair to be excited about that), while James Sands' performance isn't really mentioned much. Whereas the more national accounts, as well as European and Rangers accounts are gushing about Sands as MOTM.

because to many of the Euro USMNT fans ( non MLS ones) MLS players or background in MLS makes them inferior even if there are good performances from them.

Sands is a locked in starter for rangers, he hasn't missed starts in any of the qualifiers and played amazing there. So no reason to think he will be benched in UCL at all.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
They actually took him off at the half likely to protect him as any little thing he did from there on might have been called. Rangers fans saying the card he did get was weak, I haven't seen it. The Ross County manager of course thinks it was worthy of a straight red never mind a second yellow.

A little late on the reply, but the USMNT twitter accounts are really bizarre. It seems like a group of 4 friends who go back and forth on nonsense. I think they're mostly teenagers or barely out of their teens. I hate myself for following them.

Sands on the bench for Rangers cup game against Queen of The South. Looks like their resting him along with several key starters for the Old Firm game this weekend. I'd say that's a sign they rate him.
And not the UCL qualifying starts? LOL

rough game for sands today but twitter seems to think sands was the only one playing while the rest of the squad were still in bed.

getting romped by celtic and ranger fans picking him out as the only one who gets a passing grade or their "best defender" is definitely something. hope GB took note and takes him to qatar.