James Sands [Midfielder] [HG]

Absolutely no one on followfollow with anything good to say about him after he came on as a sub and Celtic equalized late in a 2-2 old firm today. Don’t know if he’s coming back here but if it’s up to Rangers support they definitely don’t want him .

Absolutely no one on followfollow with anything good to say about him after he came on as a sub and Celtic equalized late in a 2-2 old firm today. Don’t know if he’s coming back here but if it’s up to Rangers support they definitely don’t want him .
He wasn't really at any fault on the equalizer, but he had a fairly major gaffe at one point holding the ball forever. He did win back a ball and nearly broke free for a great opportunity, but was fouled. Other than that, he wasn't involved all that much in his short stint today from what I saw.
Bottom line is, he didn't start in a critical game. This loan hasn't been advantageous for Sands and his value has almost certainly diminished from his pre-loan value.
I guess we could use him back here, but does he want to come back to MLS after a failed stint in a very mediocre Euro league?

He wasn't really at any fault on the equalizer, but he had a fairly major gaffe at one point holding the ball forever. He did win back a ball and nearly broke free for a great opportunity, but was fouled. Other than that, he wasn't involved all that much in his short stint today from what I saw.
Bottom line is, he didn't start in a critical game. This loan hasn't been advantageous for Sands and his value has almost certainly diminished from his pre-loan value.
I guess we could use him back here, but does he want to come back to MLS after a failed stint in a very mediocre Euro league?
Personally for him, it has been a disaster. He went to raise his profile and play his way to Qatar. Neither happened. Every game, there’s a lot of rationalizing as to why he wasn’t at fault for various goals (not directed at you) - and as they say, when you are explaining, you are losing. He’s still young and talented, so this is by no means a career killer - but hopefully it’s a lesson learned for him and his advisors as to what would be an advantageous next step. It really may be to be a top performer in MLS.

Don't think rangers and gvb were the situation for him. Sometimes the brightest stars get dimmed by the wrong situation. Happens all over in every league.

I'd be happy to have him back.. but I think rangers are gonna sign him. Just a gut feeling.

Sands spends another game on the bench as an unused sub... He's gotta be coming back after his loan, right? Although I still think rangers will try to sign him I don't think it's his best choice if things don't change.

I know the coach said he needs to spend more time at his preferred position but it doesn't seem like he's getting that time.

He's back to being 4th choice for one of two midfield slots in the system the new manager seems to like. And might be 5th if rangers sign the midfielder they've been strongly linked with in the transfer window.

Same issue as 9 months ago, getting game time. Sadly, can't see him getting much game time in the next few months. Rangers manager said he wants to give him opportunities, but apparently also that some loans (not necessarily sands) could end early, so who knows.

Reactions: JCMore
That seems to be the implication. And if they're not going to hang onto him unti the summer he'll be on a plane in a day or two.

Sucks for him, but great for us. Would solve our depth issues at CB and at D-mid.

I wonder if the team would try to find him a place to play this season, or if we'd only have him until the summer when they'd try to find him another European team.

Reactions: Vallos
Sucks for him, but great for us. Would solve our depth issues at CB and at D-mid.

I wonder if the team would try to find him a place to play this season, or if we'd only have him until the summer when they'd try to find him another European team.
Seriously they should just rip the band-aid off and send him back so he can train with the team now.