Jason Kreis, Odysseus—ninety-plus Of Blue

P Polef

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Aug 6, 2014
He's certainly not unlike Odysseus.

I've started kind of a weird blog called Ninety-Plus of Blue in which I discuss NYCFC alongside a different literary quote every week that in some way helps me think about or discuss what's going on. I'm a doctoral student in American literature and have decided to combine my two passions, primarily for my own amusement. I realize this is 1. not going to be everyone's cup of etc. and 2. not exactly filling a need, per se, but maybe someone else will be interested in it. In general, I'm interested in the possibilities of sports writing as a genre.

This week's passage is from "The Odyssey." Previous weeks have begun with Henry James, Philip Larkin, and John Ashbery.

Yeah, in a sense—though of course the only thing preordained, according to my reading of the passage/season, is a difficult go of it. Was slightly concerned by the atmosphere in the stands, is what prompted this: it's obviously hard not to be frustrated, but we'll all need to be patient through that frustration... thanks for reading it, though!

I've started kind of a weird blog called Ninety-Plus of Blue in which I discuss NYCFC alongside a different literary quote every week that in some way helps me think about or discuss what's going on. I'm a doctoral student in American literature and have decided to combine my two passions, primarily for my own amusement. I realize this is 1. not going to be everyone's cup of etc. and 2. not exactly filling a need, per se, but maybe someone else will be interested in it. In general, I'm interested in the possibilities of sports writing as a genre.

This week's passage is from "The Odyssey." Previous weeks have begun with Henry James, Philip Larkin, and John Ashbery.
Stuff like this is why Al Gore invented the internet and then God invented blogs.

Nice piece of work

Reactions: P Polef