Jon Patricoff on CNBC right now!

413Blue

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 23, 2014
MA
Jon Patricoff is about to be on Sqwuak something on CNBC. They billed it as talking about the playoffs, but being a business program I am assuming things such as ticket sales, sponsorship things, soccernomics and maybe something real estate related (not that I can think of anythign real estate related that anyone on this forum may want to parse his words about) will be touched on.

I'm watching, so I guess i'll bring all of the details. I can't imagine he is going on this show just to talk about a playoff game, so the stadium thread may light up today!

Reactions: CatNYC and Kjbert
He did confirm that the Yankees are 20% owners. This has been a little murky before with various figures rumored.

He is expecting over 30k on Sunday.

......Just some simple discussion about the Forbes valuations mostly. Nothing worth starting a thread over, nothing worth trying to find this video, nothing worth me waiting to get into the shower an extra 10 minutes.
I guess I jumped the gun on making a thread. I thought for SURE they would ask him a simple question about our stadium situation and we would have gotten something to wildly speculate about.

Last edited:
He did confirm that the Yankees are 20% owners. This has been a little murky before with various figures rumored.

He is expecting over 30k on Sunday.

......Just some simple discussion about the Forbes valuations mostly. Nothing worth starting a thread over, nothing worth trying to find this video, nothing worth me waiting to get into the shower an extra 10 minutes.
I guess I jumped the gun on making a thread. I thought for SURE they would ask him a simple question about our stadium situation and we would have gotten something to wildly speculate about.
You must have missed the discussion about Etihad Island.

I wasn't up early enough to watch. But I'm more of a fan of Bloomberg than CNBC. I tried to find the video of the interview online but no luck.

You wonder though, what demographic Patricof is trying to reach by doing that interview. The 22-60 financial services soccer fans already unaware of NYCFC? I think that number is very little. Still, it's good we're getting airtime.

Reactions: Kjbert
He also gave an interview before ringing the closing bell the other day. It was actually well distributed between creating a supporter base and a new club, promoting the playoff game, and giving shout outs to the major sponsors. A very "financial services" oriented week, indeed

It's free advertising to people with disposable income.

Almost everyone in charge of corporate spending watches CNBC to some extent.

Bloomberg has waaaay too much going on all over the screen, which really sucks if your watching on a small screen.

Only on television does Bloomberg have the side news panel and bottom line index, currency, and commodity ticker. If you watch online, on the app, or on the terminal, it's just the video feed and none of the extra time.

CNBC on the other hand always has their bottom line ticker on all devices

Bloomberg > CNBC

Every big trading floor i've seen in NYC and London has CNBC on the floor tv's. Bloomberg and Reuters is tracked via the desktop terminal. It's all talking head nonsense anyway. The exception is during soccer WC!
This has been my experience as well.

Every big trading floor i've seen in NYC and London has CNBC on the floor tv's. Bloomberg and Reuters is tracked via the desktop terminal. It's all talking head nonsense anyway. The exception is during soccer WC!

My rationalization is that CNBC is for trading. Bloomberg is for investing.

CNBC tends to get higher profile, more interesting guests. Which, if your watching it in the background is what makes them good.

Reactions: BossNYC and Kjbert
giphy.gif

CNBC is utter crap. But it's what my clients watch so I have to have it on. If I had to decide, I would prefer to watch Bloomberg but to the good points above, they don't have the guests.

As an example, Curt Mennafee (Fox Football Host) was on yesterday and so was Tom Brady. Who the hell cares? Well, the viewers at home care, so they book them as guests. Do they move markets? Nope. Do they drive ratings and increase ad sales? Yeap.

CNBC is utter crap. But it's what my clients watch so I have to have it on. If I had to decide, I would prefer to watch Bloomberg but to the good points above, they don't have the guests.

As an example, Curt Mennafee (Fox Football Host) was on yesterday and so was Tom Brady. Who the hell cares? Well, the viewers at home care, so they book them as guests. Do they move markets? Nope. Do they drive ratings and increase ad sales? Yeap.
Yeah I get excited when they have a fed bank president on or a few fund managers that they get on occasionally. They get timely interviews with key executives and other players as well. Bloomberg doesn't get the same caliber if guests.
Sure CNBC does get distracted by having celebrities, shark tank personalities and such, and they are far too U.S. centric, but overall I prefer it.

To be clear though, I don't sit down to watch either network. it's on in the background when I'm doing something important, like reading these forums, and I pay attention when something interesting gets my attention.

Yeah I get excited when they have a fed bank president on or a few fund managers that they get on occasionally. They get timely interviews with key executives and other players as well. Bloomberg doesn't get the same caliber if guests.
Sure CNBC does get distracted by having celebrities, shark tank personalities and such, and they are far too U.S. centric, but overall I prefer it.

To be clear though, I don't sit down to watch either network. it's on in the background when I'm doing something important, like reading these forums, and I pay attention when something interesting gets my attention.

Little tidbit for you - anytime they have a Fund Manager on, the fund company is paying for that time.

So often times you may wonder, why the hell do they have this random mutual fund portfolio manager talking about Eastern European high yield bonds - guess what, it's just paid advertising. Such crap.

Little tidbit for you - anytime they have a Fund Manager on, the fund company is paying for that time.

So often times you may wonder, why the hell do they have this random mutual fund portfolio manager talking about Eastern European high yield bonds - guess what, it's just paid advertising. Such crap.
I've always heard that if one makes their moves based on what they see on TV (interviews and/or analyst recs), it's already too late.