Joseph Scally [Defender] [HG]

2019 - season ending injury
2020 - maybe still getting back to fitness from the injury and then was signed to go to europe. also anton's monster year, so little reason to play scally.
2021 - he gone!
Better picture.

In that case, maybe if we all chipped in we could get nycfcforums.com on the match jersey shoulder or something. Or maybe across the front of the warmup jersey.
Now that's a jersey I'd buy!
Seriouly though I wonder how many people don't buy the jersey bc of the etihad sponsorship

Now that's a jersey I'd buy!
Seriouly though I wonder how many people don't buy the jersey bc of the etihad sponsorship

I'm sure there are some but that seems like a pretty narrow lane of disliking the Etihad sponsorship and ownership enough to boycott the jersey but not enough that you choose not to support the team altogether.

Reactions: 413Blue and JCMore
This is either really good news on the Scally sale, or telling info on the state of our sponsorship deals.

arent MLS sponsorships very meh anyway? the bigger ones usually are due to ownership ties.

Reactions: Shwafta
Listening to the podcast, Sims says the residual incomes earned this year for the Scally transfer will be more than any sponsorship deal this year. What sponsorship deals were made this year? The Etihad deal wasn't inked in 2021 (or reupped in 2021). It's a misnomer to say the Scally transfer is more than any sponsorship deal for the Club on an aggregate basis.

• Wow
Reactions: Shwafta
For things like the Etihad sponsorship, that has to mean the value of that agreement over the current year.

Note this about the Scally sale - the fee was $2 million with $5 million in incentives. The guy is starting every game, has scored and assisted. One has to think most or all of that $5 million is on track to be paid.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Has anyone watched him play?

I get he’s starting but I thought his ratings have been poor and neutral viewpoints in English are few and far between.

Has anyone watched him play?

I get he’s starting but I thought his ratings have been poor and neutral viewpoints in English are few and far between.
He is looking very solid. Locking down his side and not making mistakes -- his positioning is way better than it was last year. Not electric like Davies, but he looks like a starting ight back for a Bundesliga team coming off a down year and hoping to make Champions League. He was successfully battling Sadio Mane in meaningful games -- with the ability to play on the right or left it would be foolish to leave him off the roster for Qatar as a backup.