Jovan Mijatović [Forward]

To be fair, they did bring in veterans Andres Perea and Hannes Wolf. I understand this concern, but I think too much is being made of it. They did bring in veterans, they just didn't splash the cash on them. Hannes was a TAM player and Perea was a signing, I believe, under the salary cap.

Hannes was a free and Perea was already on the roster that Lee promised to substantially improve "particularly in the attack" based on the lessons learned from an "unacceptable season". As the saying goes put your money where your mouth is.

Reactions: Gene
Not every signing hits. Perea has been a good one. So has Martinez. I still have faith in Bakrar. Wolf was good and that's true whether or not we had to pay for him. Jury is out on some others. They brought in a lot of new guys since the start of last season.

Not every signing hits. Perea has been a good one. So has Martinez. I still have faith in Bakrar. Wolf was good and that's true whether or not we had to pay for him. Jury is out on some others. They brought in a lot of new guys since the start of last season.
My uneducated opinion is also this is going to be hard to figure out because there are too many people fighting for spots and playing time. While that’s good for development it probably is more difficult if we don’t make sure the new signings are okay with not being starters while they develop.

I like Jovan’s confidence even if he hasn’t shown yet that he can be as good as he thinks he is.

Not every singing hits but also when every player you spent over $3M on is barely contributing that's a failure. Martinez had never played ST in his career and was signed as a backup winger. Lee lucking out with Martinez saving the season and grabbing Wolf and Perea does not cover for the $23M he blew on transfer fees for guys that can't get on the field right now. Lee is the worst GM in the league by a long shot.

Wow, now that's a take.

Find another GM who has wasted more money and gotten less on feild production from the spend than Lee:

2023/24
Mijatovic - $8.7M
Ojeda - $7M
Perea - $600K
Tanasijevic - $400K

2022/23
Illenic - $1M
Freese - $400K
Fernandez - $5M
Bakrar - $3M
Risa - $1M
Santi- ?

2021/22
Pereira - $5M (sold for $10M)
Thiago Martins - $3.8M (takes up a DP spot)

2020/21
Talles Magno - $7.5M
Thiago Andrade - $1.60M (no transfer fee out, total loss)
Malte Amundsen - $1.4M (transferred out for $400K GAM so a $1M loss)
Acevado - $2.3M (Likely no transferfee when loan ends due to injury total loss)

Edit: these are not an example of bad signings these are every signing Lee has made that involved a transfer fee