Kevin O'Toole [Forward]

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
There's some joke with "O'Toole" and "Dude Wipes" and I'm trying to work it out. (work out the joke, not the #2)

Kid is good. He was really good at the Deuce, so I'm glad to see he was able to translate his game to the big club. Very versatile, can play just about anywhere and give a good account of himself. He was a Trade and Finance major and did a summer with Ladder Capital in NYC, so chances are he's not interested in going anywhere, either.

Kid is good. He was really good at the Deuce, so I'm glad to see he was able to translate his game to the big club. Very versatile, can play just about anywhere and give a good account of himself. He was a Trade and Finance major and did a summer with Ladder Capital in NYC, so chances are he's not interested in going anywhere, either.
Most draft and college player contracts usually have club option years built in so he is probably here for another 2 years at the minimum (assuming the club wants him) barring trade/expansion draft. Ensures the club has a good bargain if the players "hit", while mitigating the risk pretty substantially.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
do we lose him in the 2023 expansion draft to st louis?

is he somehow protected under some homegrown extension rule since he used to be red bull academy?

Aren't we probably exempt because of losing Shradi last year?
Yeah, I was thinking more the possibility of LV or whoever the 32nd team would be the next year. This is also not the type of player most expansion teams would spend 1/5 expansion picks on, at least not currently.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Most draft and college player contracts usually have club option years built in so he is probably here for another 2 years at the minimum (assuming the club wants him) barring trade/expansion draft. Ensures the club has a good bargain if the players "hit", while mitigating the risk pretty substantially.
According to Transfermarkt his contract expires Dec. 31 and he does indeed have two club option years after that. So, that's good. And we are indeed exempt from the next expansion draft, so that's good, too. He's not going anywhere before next year if we want to keep him (and I'm sure we do), and as you pointed out he's not likely to be an expansion grab in the next draft, either.

So, I'm thinking he's a lifer. Not only in MLS, but specifically in New York. Basically, he can play pro soccer with us and the rest of the time work on Wall Street, have a nice pile by the time he's 30, nice career waiting for him when he wants to hang 'em up and go coach the kids, still be nearby for his parents, do some alumni stuff, and never have to explain to anyone what a knish is and why he misses them. LOL

Reactions: JCMore
and never have to explain to anyone what a knish is and why he misses them. LOL
You know, every now and then I think about selling my apartment, buying a nice house for next-ish to nothing in upstate New York. But then I think about the four bagel stores within a 10 or 15 minute walk from my apartment, and I can hardly imagine not being able to go get a pizza burger at 2am after a concert and it's just hard to envision giving all that up. LOL

You know, every now and then I think about selling my apartment, buying a nice house for next-ish to nothing in upstate New York. But then I think about the four bagel stores within a 10 or 15 minute walk from my apartment, and I can hardly imagine not being able to go get a pizza burger at 2am after a concert and it's just hard to envision giving all that up. LOL
Seriously. Up here they roll up the sidewalks (we have them now!) at sundown. LOL

Reactions: Schwallacus