Kreis Officially Out At NYCFC

Gotcha. It just seemed to me like you were attempting to connect the two together, since there wasn't any discussion here regarding the senior team, so I was confused, haha.

Oh my comment was in response to kjbert's about kreis being close to gregg. imo, both don't make good player selections, both want to play a style that isn't the way the US should be playing, and both will probably fail at qualifying for the respective international tournaments with kreis failing first.

I don't have faith in Berhalter either, but there was nothing uncomfortable about those two friendlies. I also think it's worth noting that individually, certain players in either game looked really good such as Dest, Pulisic, Reyna, Musah, etc. Throw in McKennie and Adams and you are looking at the most talented core group of players the US has ever had with their biggest weakness simply being experience. And the squad is only going to become more cohesive.

yea some players looked good and they will get better with more time playing together. but individual players don't make a team, especially at the international level. while they are good on their own, none of them are superstar status on the international stage. and even so, it takes good management and good tactics to win and consistently win.

the fact that we beat up on rag tag concacaf squads who have not been playing much soccer at all due to covid isn't really a good indicator of success. let me be clear that i believe we have one of the most talented player pools in the history of USMNT, but i don't think berhalter has the ability to utilize them to their full potential. i hope he proves me wrong. otherwise, we're all gonna have to hear another twellman rant and nobody wants that....right?

Reactions: ALBNYfan
Oh my comment was in response to kjbert's about kreis being close to gregg. imo, both don't make good player selections, both want to play a style that isn't the way the US should be playing, and both will probably fail at qualifying for the respective international tournaments with kreis failing first.
Yeah, I figured it was in response to that. I was still confused considering the form the senior team has been in along with the talented clubs they're playing at vs the form the U-23 C Team was in in Guadalajara.

On another note (and I don't mean this to be picking on you specifically, but this is something that I've seen everywhere from many people), is there any coach/manager out there where fans don't agree with player selections? I feel like we've experienced this with every coach in NYCFC history so far, I've felt this way about every USMNT manager so far, and I've seen many bring this up, even about nationally and globally respected coaches.

yea some players looked good and they will get better with more time playing together. but individual players don't make a team, especially at the international level. while they are good on their own, none of them are superstar status on the international stage. and even so, it takes good management and good tactics to win and consistently win.

the fact that we beat up on rag tag concacaf squads who have not been playing much soccer at all due to covid isn't really a good indicator of success. let me be clear that i believe we have one of the most talented player pools in the history of USMNT, but i don't think berhalter has the ability to utilize them to their full potential. i hope he proves me wrong. otherwise, we're all gonna have to hear another twellman rant and nobody wants that....right?

We played two of the hex teams from 2018 in the last six months and won combined 13-2. I am not an USSF apologist or a big Berhalter fan, but I also don't think your pessimism is warranted for the 2022 qualifications.

Btw, I can't believe its been nearly four years since the 2018 failure. Time flies.