La Liga 15/16

Davo15

Registered
May 20, 2014
Hamden CT
OK not it's hard for me to believe this isn't already a thread but I don't see it so....

Would think this would be the second most popular foreign league after the EPL in the states or at least Barca/Real though I know we have a lot of Italians in the East Coast keeping Serie A up there as well

Didn't used to follow Spain much myself for whatever reason but about 5 years ago I spent a month in Sevilla technically to study Spanish didn't get much learned but got in some good times and few football matches. Saw Betis once in the second division against some team who I don't think has ever been up. Saw Sevilla draw Pelligrini's Malaga 0-0 and go down to Porto 2-1 in the Europa. At that Europa match I was seated next to a hand full of mental Sevilla fans in their mid 20's their English wasn't much better than my Spanish and I think they thought I was from London but they were insistent on giving me free alcohol cans of beer, and some kind of either Sangria or Wine/coke mix out of soda bottles that they'd pour straight down the throat, they also wanted to give me ham sandwiches. While Sevilla were not impressive on the field the 2 matches I attended (despite having Freddie Kanoute, Jesus Navas and a few other big names ) those guys were probably the craziest/friendliest supporters I've met on my travels and I've been to double digit stadiums across 5 countries. Was really happy to see them beat (even a short handed) Barcelona over the weekend. Can't help but wish those guys the best of luck.