Matarrita to Miss DC United Match

Thank you.

Do we have an idea of who else around the league has been called up? For Tommy's sake, I was hoping he would be called up.

I also hope Diego Martinez gets the nod to start next Thursday. Second game in a week and I don't think RJ Allen is a very good LB personally.

Wouldn't be surprised if he misses, or doesn't start, against New England Either. Costa Rica plays Haiti on 9/2 and Panama on 9/6, we play NER on 9/10

Am I the only one that doesn't think TMac is good enough (yet) to make the Irish National Team?

I mean, I love the guy, but he has a lot of room for improvement before getting national callups IMO.

Fair question. I'm not the biggest Tommy Mac fan. He disappears in games, but always puts in a good shift.

That being said, Ireland stinks. I love them. Up the Irish and all. But that squad has no depth and relied on the brilliance of Shane Long and Robbie Brady in the Euros. They easily could have bombed out with 1 point if not for a fully rotated Italy squad.

Tommy probably has a better chance of becoming a regular Ireland call-up than Poku does with Ghana. There's just not a lot for O'Neill to pick from. I would imagine Roy Keane would love the guy too.

Fair question. I'm not the biggest Tommy Mac fan. He disappears in games, but always puts in a good shift.

That being said, Ireland stinks. I love them. Up the Irish and all. But that squad has no depth and relied on the brilliance of Shane Long and Robbie Brady in the Euros. They easily could have bombed out with 1 point if not for a fully rotated Italy squad.

Tommy probably has a better chance of becoming a regular Ireland call-up than Poku does with Ghana. There's just not a lot for O'Neill to pick from. I would imagine Roy Keane would love the guy too.
I know they didn't perform very well in the Euros, but we are talking about a team that saw Robbie Keane on the bench and not coming on all that often, right?

I know they didn't perform very well in the Euros, but we are talking about a team that saw Robbie Keane on the bench and not coming on all that often, right?

Robbie Keane looks shot this year. Were you there on Saturday? I think he and Gerrard are done for.

There are a handful of Top 5 League players on that squad now (Brady, Long, McCarthy, Coleman) but then you have journeymen and Championship level players filling out the Starting 11 and the bench. Tommy is a Championship level player right now in my eyes.

Reactions: Goodfella

Totally agree and then some. TMac wouldn't make it in a top Euro league but then again Ireland is no position to rebuke a player of TMac's level.

Reactions: Kjbert
Thank you.

Do we have an idea of who else around the league has been called up? For Tommy's sake, I was hoping he would be called up.

I also hope Diego Martinez gets the nod to start next Thursday. Second game in a week and I don't think RJ Allen is a very good LB personally.

Here is a thread on the call-ups that includes a link to the MLS list.

http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/next-fifa-match-window.4784/

I agree on Martinez, but I am not holding my breath at this point.