Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Orlando City SC vs. New York City FC
Sunday, August 28 7:30 PM ET
Exploria Stadium
FS1

Santi got that yellow card for standing over the ball during a restart right? Weak yellow. Ugh.
The whole game Santi was challenging the ref to make calls, and basically acted like, if you're not going to make calls, then... He filled up his cup of complaints and then the ref gave yellow to Cushing and yellow to that guy who put the ball down mockingly--ref got really thin skinned and maybe it was Santi chirping in his ear the whole game. Ref called Mueller falling down a foul too, that was a bad call. So he started calling everything he saw and he told Santi to stop standing over the ball but he wasn't calling it, and then of course when he does, it seems like he snapped instead of calling what he should have called to start the game. Medhi was on the sideline pointing to his head after Santi got his yellow.

Last edited:
Three up:

1) Gray played well at CB and was in line for MOTM.
2) Chanot with several clutch clearances at the end.
3) Thiago with an actual assist!

Three down:

1) Oh, boy, Haak.
2) Puddle ball.
3) Cushing reverting to his beloved passive back stack defense after a pressing, scoring, controlling first 15 of the second half.

it is so ridiculous that Chris Penso is rated by PRO as a better ref than his wife.

Reactions: moogoo
you and everyone else... and no one seems to know why and when asked about it, cushing seems to brush it off as he doesn't know what we're talking about or goes with "that's how i am asking them to play" but doesn't really answer the question.

WHY NICK WHY!?!?!
It tells me he doesn't have confidence in the squad to fight all the way to the end. Which means, of course, they won't have the confidence to fight all the way to the end.

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo
we lost to at "home" to the team with the worst away record in the league

we lose away to a team who has a terrible home record.

we lose a lot of games at the death.. that's mentality.

at this point, i think the only accolade we have a chance at this year is MAYBE johnson breaking the cleansheet record? maybe.

but i am hopeful this team will turn it around and we win the cup and i eat my words.

Can anyone recommend a good sleep meditation app?

listen to cushing's press conferences

From Doyle

This has become par for the course for NYCFC under interim manager Nick Cushing, as they’ve now got a goal differential of -6 in the final 15 minutes of games since he took over in mid-June. Only Sporting KC have been worse at closing games out over the past two-and-a-half months.

Injuries have been significant, and players play, but coaching has most definitely been a part of it.

From Doyle

This has become par for the course for NYCFC under interim manager Nick Cushing, as they’ve now got a goal differential of -6 in the final 15 minutes of games since he took over in mid-June. Only Sporting KC have been worse at closing games out over the past two-and-a-half months.

Injuries have been significant, and players play, but coaching has most definitely been a part of it.
I hope David Lee and CFG are looking for new coaches come the offseason. If Nick is the manager for the first game in 2023, there's a problem.

Reactions: Kenny
I hope David Lee and CFG are looking for new coaches come the offseason. If Nick is the manager for the first game in 2023, there's a problem.

I'm not willing to give up on Cushing yet, but I definitely don't think he is putting himself in the best possible position to take the job full-time. I still lean towards the idea that they will give him the job because of what they seem to think of him, but I do not think he has earned the job.