MLS - August 30 - Montreal (Home)

Football Sport GIF

1) Who’s this guy who does Bakrar’s goal celebration? I think Bakrar needs to trademark it before this imposter keeps doing it.
2) Hands down Jason was the man of the match.
3) We have montreals number.
4) I can’t tell if Julian is a baller who can’t follow directions or just can’t follow directions.
5) I think Maxi’s goal, if not ruled off side, would have stood. But since it was ruled off, there wasn’t enough evidence to turn it over.
6) this is how I feel tonight:
Fist Pump Success GIF

Excluding Thiago, Gaby, and anyone else who left:
Jasson is now the squad's most prolific scorer per 90 minutes. Third best at xG. Highest G+A/90, even though he has no assists.
Counting the departures (Gaby), he is tied for fourth most goals scored.

And people thought he could only fall down.

It was actually a fun game to watch, which I haven't seen in a while from this team. Bak-man's runs and strength in holdup play definitely help this team out a lot. Enjoyed Risa's assist and ability to play some decent diagonals and crosses, something missing from the backline. Looked a little shaky with Martins at times, but felt they looked pretty good together for most of the game. That relationship will grow with more games under their belts, so I'm not terribly worried about that.

Liked Perea's work rate in closing down most opportunities and counters that Montreal attempted. Allowed Maxi and Parks to open the game up and spread play around.

Santi's hair is... interesting. Fernandez looked good coming on the end of games and just having the freedom to roam around on counter attacks. Almost had a great goal after turning one of their CBs around and around. Like that he's willing to run at defenders.

Next step- some consistency. Let's bring this fight and style to Saturday vs. Vancouver and not look like the husk of a team we've unfortunately seen for most of this season.

first half was good. we played with some flow and movement. but imo montreal didn't really press us in the first half so we had a lot more space to do what we wanted to do. luckily, we were able to find a couple goals because montreal's changes in the 2nd half gave us a lot more trouble. while I wouldn't say we fell apart, we certainly looked less dominant. it seems we still have trouble with a high press and that's something we definitely need to improve on.

Reactions: VernonJohn
The clapping at the end made me smile a bit
Folks on Twitter saying he dodged the question.

Honestly I thought he went straight at it and it's mildly reassuring to see him get fired up (though barring a deep playoff run I'd prefer a managerial change at the end of the year).

The question was so convoluted that if he'd wanted to dodge the question he could have, easily. If they want answers they should ask simpler questions and then follow up. Though I dunno how they run the press conferences...

Folks on Twitter saying he dodged the question.

Honestly I thought he went straight at it and it's mildly reassuring to see him get fired up (though barring a deep playoff run I'd prefer a managerial change at the end of the year).

The question was so convoluted that if he'd wanted to dodge the question he could have, easily. If they want answers they should ask simpler questions and then follow up. Though I dunno how they run the press conferences...
Not to mention, you also don’t want to disparage your player publicly even if there are some issues or concerns. He vaguely refers to challenges in a more respectful way and was then more focused on the positive. He handled the question well.

I thought MTL looked pretty poor and not like a playoff team yesterday. I keep worrying that this game is giving me false hopes like the TFC game in the Leagues Cup.

Reactions: VernonJohn