Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. D.C. United
Saturday, April 9 5 PM ET Wednesday, August 31 8 PM ET
Citi Field Red Bull Arena
YES App

Reactions: Kjbert
I dont understand why this is an 8pm game. Why not play at 7pm so you can get on TV? The Yankees have a 9:30 game that night, we can play at 7 and get on YES. Instead we're at Red Bull Arena and streaming only. Terrible scheduling by whoever decided that.

I dont understand why this is an 8pm game. Why not play at 7pm so you can get on TV? The Yankees have a 9:30 game that night, we can play at 7 and get on YES. Instead we're at Red Bull Arena and streaming only. Terrible scheduling by whoever decided that.

I believe that RBA were moved to 8 PM starts to ease travel for fans attending. Better for travel from the City, worse for television.

Because it’s at home and we should win but there is no team better at finding ways to lose games in MLS right now than NYCFC.

Because it’s at home and we should win but there is no team better at finding ways to lose games in MLS right now than NYCFC.

ha. i just think if benteke does make his debut against us, he's going to be the one who gets that winning goal. who knows. maybe we run riot and win 6-0? that would be nice. but if we defend in a low block and park the bus vs DC, then I have little faith in doing anything in the playoffs this year.

D.C. United is absolutely atrocious, and we should coast to a win in this game. They score the 2nd fewest goals in MLS and allow the most. They get the fewest shots in MLS. They have the worst goal differential. The worst record ... need I go on? This game shouldn't even be close.

D.C. United is absolutely atrocious, and we should coast to a win in this game. They score the 2nd fewest goals in MLS and allow the most. They get the fewest shots in MLS. They have the worst goal differential. The worst record ... need I go on? This game shouldn't even be close.

we said that about a charlotte team with the terrible away record and ... we didn't make it happen. MLS --- anything can happen. especially if benteke debuts and gives them a dominant force in the box against chanot and probably gray. i don't know about you, but if they put in a good cross, things happen, as we saw vs orlando.

of course, i hope we go nuts and bury them 6-0 or something. but i just don't feel good about our mentality lately and our style as a team.

Martins confirmed out vs DC, but shouldn't be out too long.

Cushing:
“It’s not as serious as we first thought,” he explained of Martins’ injury. “It’s an irritation of a previous injury but only a slight irritation. He won’t be available for the game with D.C. but he won’t be out for long so we’re pleased with that – originally, we thought it would be a lot more serious than it was and it’s not."

looks like we'll see chanot & gray combo again. i'm not mad at it. gray filled in very well and looked more comfortable there (unsurprisingly)