MLS Cup Playoffs - October 17 - Miami (Home)

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Round One
New York City FC vs. Inter Miami CF
Monday, October 17 7 PM ET
Citi Field
FS1, FOX Deportes

Reactions: Kjbert
Sadly - RBA location :(

opt-out for tickets deadline is Oct. 11 at 5pm. doing so forfeits all your potential home 2022 playoff game tickets.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly we can use our points for the first playoff game

In the event that NYCFC hosts the Red Bulls in the first round, an alternative venue will be used for the match. If NYCFC hosts playoff games in subsequent rounds, the Club’s venue priority will continue to be Yankee Stadium first, Citi Field second, and Red Bull Arena third, based upon availability.

What are the chances of this?
4 plays 5, it's impossible for us to be 4 and RB to be 5. Which means the only possible other permutation is RB drops to 6, because 3 plays 6.

However, orlando plays miami tmrw and then plays columbus on the weekend... which means that the ONLY way RB could drop to 6th would be if columbus and miami both win out. If orlando wins or ties one of these, that can't happen.

... but I guess they have to say it to cover their bases lol

What are the chances of this?
4 plays 5, it's impossible for us to be 4 and RB to be 5. Which means the only possible other permutation is RB drops to 6, because 3 plays 6.

However, orlando plays miami tmrw and then plays columbus on the weekend... which means that the ONLY way RB could drop to 6th would be if columbus and miami both win out. If orlando wins or ties one of these, that can't happen.

... but I guess they have to say it to cover their bases lol

yea.

i'm just sad this will be at RBA. now i have to figure out if I'll go.

Lol so if we play RB, but they won’t play that game at RBA, but that’s the only approved venue, then where do we play?

Img-source=CharlieAlwaysSunny.gif

Lol so if we play RB, but they won’t play that game at RBA, but that’s the only approved venue, then where do we play?

Img-source=CharlieAlwaysSunny.gif
Exactly why I tried to do the math. They're just really REALLY banking on the almost impossible chance of it happening, and now I want to see it happen JUST to see what the team does instead LOL

Has anyone done an analysis on our most likely game day/time?

Going to be funny when the Mets lose in the wild card round and Citi field sits empty for 5-6 days before the game but yet it is “not available”

maybe it's easier to switch to citi vs promising citi now and saying "well we gotta go to RBA..."

Last edited:
They could have easily said we are waiting to see what happens with the Mets and if they lose we will be at Citi and if they win it will be RBA unless it’s vs the cows.

maybe it's easier to switch to citi vs promising citi now and saying "well we gotta go to RBA..."

I definitely wonder if they do an about-face. The reason I think they may not is I wonder if MLS required them to have a stadium earlier than Oct. 9 so they can plan broadcast details.

The issue there is that people will opt out of RBA. I wouldn’t opt out of Citi regardless of day. But Monday night at RBA? Oof

Reactions: moogoo
The issue there is that people will opt out of RBA. I wouldn’t opt out of Citi regardless of day. But Monday night at RBA? Oof
Exactly. I opted out of all the RBA matches but would go to the playoffs. But can’t go that Monday night even if I really wanted to. But I also don’t want to opt out of *all* the playoffs either. But also also, don’t want to be forced to buy RBA and Hartford tickets, for example. Really annoyed by the whole thing.

All that being said, despite all the uncertainty I may just opt in and then sell the ones I can’t go to on here. Plus I’ll have a spare ticket if anyone needs one even if I do go as I have two seats.

Ugh, this is way too complicated LOL