Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
FC Dallas vs. New York City FC
Wednesday, July 13 9 PM ET
Toyota Stadium
YES App

Taty will be suspended for this match due to yellow card accumulation. It's his second YCA of the season.

• Angry
Reactions: moogoo
Taty will be suspended for this match due to yellow card accumulation. It's his second YCA of the season.
Could this be one of the reasons why European clubs are not pulling the trigger on NYCFC’s price?

The Houston-Dallas Derby was wild. last night while we cruised in the afternoon. They played 15 stoppage time minutes in a very very intense game and environment,. Houston fans were throwing an unbelievable amount of stuff onto the field and Dallas bench. Gut punch for Dallas at the end when Houston tied it up in the 111th minute. I have watched a few Dallas games and am surprised their record is as good as it is. They need to sit in a low block and try to score on the counter (which they are good at) to have the best chance of success against us. I am really curious whether teams will give up 60%+ possession at home to try to win the game or try to play a more entertaining style for the home fans -- hopefully the latter.

Have to point out Dallas is advertising $1 hot dogs and $3 beers for the game.

Houston fans were throwing an unbelievable amount of stuff onto the field and Dallas bench.

Last time we played in Houston, a fan threw a bag of popcorn at our bench because the coaches were standing and blocking his view. That was also the game where Allen Chapman only called a yellow card on the foul that injured Herrera for 3-4 months that was made a 2 game suspension by DisCo.

Reactions: Sabo
This game is gonna be brutal physically. Hopefully the boys play smart and just keep the ball and be patient. Especially being an away game. There's no reason we need to attack like crazy or press like crazy, especially in that weather.

I'd be happy leaving dallas with a point and conserving energy as much as possible for the weekend.

This game is gonna be brutal physically. Hopefully the boys play smart and just keep the ball and be patient. Especially being an away game. There's no reason we need to attack like crazy or press like crazy, especially in that weather.

I'd be happy leaving dallas with a point and conserving energy as much as possible for the weekend.
I guess this raises the question of whether to rotate heavily for this game. Taty is out; give Maxi a rest since he was injured last game anyway; sit a few others; hope for a point but realize the big game is on Sunday.

ETA - "big game" not just because of the rivalry - although that matters - but because it's against another contender in the East. It's a six-point game.

I'm of the opinion to play the reserves and kids for this one. Full rotation. Have the best possible and rested squad for New Jersey, where I desperately want a win.

0 points in Dallas. 3 points in New Jersey. I'm happy.

3 points in Dallas. 0 points in New Jersey. I'm pissed.

Weather at Kickoff:
90 Temperature
7% Precipitation
45% Humidity
6 MPH Wind

There better 2 water breaks in each half...

I'm of the opinion to play the reserves and kids for this one. Full rotation. Have the best possible and rested squad for New Jersey, where I desperately want a win.

0 points in Dallas. 3 points in New Jersey. I'm happy.

3 points in Dallas. 0 points in New Jersey. I'm pissed.

1 point in Dallas. 3 points in Jersey. Let’s go.

looks like we could be looking at forced rotation due to injuries and knocks.

anton, parks - out
maxi, callens - questionable
taty - suspended.

I paid no attention to the posted game time, forgot about time zones, and the need to start after or close to sunset due to heat, and just assumed the game was starting about an hour from now. Just finally noticed 9 pm. Damn.