Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Real Salt Lake vs. New York City FC
Saturday, June 10 9:30 PM ET
American First Field
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

Happy Season 8 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

IIRC there used to be a limit on the number of red card suspensions you could challenge, and it might have been as low as one (or two). Does anyone know. I can't find the disciplinary rules right now but I instead found this, lol.

Reactions: Kjbert
IIRC there used to be a limit on the number of red card suspensions you could challenge, and it might have been as low as one (or two). Does anyone know. I can't find the disciplinary rules right now but I instead found this, lol.

Considering that they have almost no defenders for the game, good use of their challenge.

I think it was two, which isn’t a preposterous limit given that red cards are uncommon. Anyway, this was about as obvious a one to challenge as there can be.

Reactions: mgarbowski

In the press release, it notes that each team has two unsuccessful appeals and since this one was successful, NYCFC still has at least two red card appeals for this season.

Can anyone explain generally what it is believed that he said (of course without explicitly using the terms he used)?

i personally have not seen anything, but i feel like if it was something even that would be misinterpreted as racist/homophobic he would of gotten a fine at least.

Reactions: JayH
i personally have not seen anything, but i feel like if it was something even that would be misinterpreted as racist/homophobic he would of gotten a fine at least.
This. I'm willing to wager it was along the lines of him telling someone on FCC to "fuck off" or ask the ref "how much was FCC paying him" or something else totally absurd. Can't have anyone get their feelings hurt, can we?

Well, ultimately it was a one-game suspension, and he has to go through the "restorative practice project." So, he had to have crossed some sort of line, although it's not clear what that would be. Venezir got six games for calling a person of African descent a monkey.

Also, we know that the person on the RSL side was Junior Moreno, and the MLS statement says of the "restorative practice project" that "the other players involved in the incident" will be encouraged to participate as well. So, it seems that whatever Grey said, it was part of a larger issue going on in the game - whether at a particular time or over time.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Well, ultimately it was a one-game suspension, and he has to go through the "restorative practice project." So, he had to have crossed some sort of line, although it's not clear what that would be. Venezir got six games for calling a person of African descent a monkey.

Also, we know that the person on the RSL side was Junior Moreno, and the MLS statement says of the "restorative practice project" that "the other players involved in the incident" will be encouraged to participate as well. So, it seems that whatever Grey said, it was part of a larger issue going on in the game - whether at a particular time or over time.
FWIW, Venezir claims he directed it to the ref who was white. I don't think the league ever made an official determination. I realize, of course, he has reason to lie.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
it's game day bitches.

and, fwiw, if anyone is interested, i'm selling some counterfeit bank notes. anyone?
Well I'm definitely interested, but would that be 15% over the seat price? 25%? Double the seat price? Just not sure of the proper valuation.

One moment…

I'm sorry, I've just been informed that I'm crossing the streams. Please accept my apologies.