Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Portland Timbers vs. New York City FC
Saturday, June 24 10:30 PM ET
Providence Park
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

Am I correct that if you watch the game the next day, you can navigate through Apple and just click on the game and choose watch from start and not see the score spoiled? 1030 is rough.

Reactions: Kjbert
Am I correct that if you watch the game the next day, you can navigate through Apple and just click on the game and choose watch from start and not see the score spoiled? 1030 is rough.
I’m not sure how you’re watching it but I usually watch it on my phone. Yes that’s the case but make sure scores are off. I recommend scrolling to the bottom of each menu screen as quickly as you can because that’s where full match replay is and usually there’s highlights above it like goals in the game as short videos trying to spoil it for you.

Reactions: moogoo and JayH
Portland and NYCFC looking at their places in the standings 1.5 years after being in the MLS Cup finals

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

FYI for those planning on watching USA v Jamaica, actual kickoff is 10:06.
Yeah, that'll be on my iPad, with us on my TV. So inconsiderate of them to schedule both matches at almost the same time LOL

Reactions: mgarbowski
With scores turned off the biggest spoiler is the "Highlights". I watch on Roku. When navigating to the match full replay the row of icons below that is the highlights. If you accidentally look at that row of icons while pressing the replay you will see who scored at what times. even just glancing the thumbnails my brain registers which team scored. It really is remarkably difficult to get to the match without any spoilers. Personally, I navigate with my hand over my face and only looking at a tiny patch of the TV screen.

I’m not sure how you’re watching it but I usually watch it on my phone. Yes that’s the case but make sure scores are off. I recommend scrolling to the bottom of each menu screen as quickly as you can because that’s where full match replay is and usually there’s highlights above it like goals in the game as short videos trying to spoil it for you.

never understood why the highlights are right at the top and the replay is all the way at the bottom....

With scores turned off the biggest spoiler is the "Highlights". I watch on Roku. When navigating to the match full replay the row of icons below that is the highlights. If you accidentally look at that row of icons while pressing the replay you will see who scored at what times. even just glancing the thumbnails my brain registers which team scored. It really is remarkably difficult to get to the match without any spoilers. Personally, I navigate with my hand over my face and only looking at a tiny patch of the TV screen.
this is how i do it too. basically click click... look away scroll... then uncover just the bottom 10% of the screen

Reactions: JayH
yup, I do the exact same thing with my hand over basically the whole screen of my phone

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Make sure scores are off on EVERY device you might use. And if you choose to watch it in a web browser just resign yourself that you can’t turn them off.

True confession: I almost never avoid the score the morning after a late game. The idea of wasting 2 hours of my Sunday watching a game we lost several hours before I even turned it on is so unappealing. If we lost or tired I skim over 15-20 minutes. If we win I probably watch 60 minutes.

Reactions: Kjbert
True confession: I almost never avoid the score the morning after a late game. The idea of wasting 2 hours of my Sunday watching a game we lost several hours before I even turned it on is so unappealing. If we lost or tired I skim over 15-20 minutes. If we win I probably watch 60 minutes.

You animal. You probably read the last page of a novel first too!

Make sure scores are off on EVERY device you might use. And if you choose to watch it in a web browser just resign yourself that you can’t turn them off.
You can now shut them off in a web browser!

Alternatively, the next best thing is to search, from the season pass home screen, "New York city" our most recent match comes up. Click it, close your eyes, and scroll to bottom for replay then open eyes and watch replay!