Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. D.C. United
Saturday, March 18 7:30 PM ET
Yankee Stadium
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

I realize it's still a week out but the forecast for the match is rain but easily 10° warmer, as high as 50° as opposed to 40° when the gates opened for Inter Miami and then heading down into the 30s from there. Practically toasty warm in comparison.

Reactions: JCMore and Kjbert
REF: Mark Allatin
AR1: Andrew Bigelow
AR2: Matthew Nelson
4TH: Chris Penso
VAR: Sorin Stoica
AVAR: Jonathan Johnson

Reactions: KevinJRogers
Yes, this will be his fifth MLS match and first one for either NYCFC or DC United. A lot of senior officials are fourth officials it seems this season so the newer ones get experience.
I'm happy with this. Get as many refs into MLS experience as possible, will make a bigger variety and ability to pick the best ones.

Especially with a lot of the current refs getting up there in age...

Reactions: Kjbert
I meant to write it after the Miami game, but Cushing reminded me that Pel appears to be an exceptionally hard worker. He didn’t stop moving during that game, and Cushing noted something along the lines of that he came into camp testing at a historically high fitness level. He looked slow at times, but the work rate should make up for it, and I think (hope) he’s going to be a productive player. He even seems to have taken on the role of an on field leader, continually working the officials and firing up his teammates. He may surprise us. I hope he plays and plays well this week.

I meant to write it after the Miami game, but Cushing reminded me that Pel appears to be an exceptionally hard worker. He didn’t stop moving during that game, and Cushing noted something along the lines of that he came into camp testing at a historically high fitness level. He looked slow at times, but the work rate should make up for it, and I think (hope) he’s going to be a productive player. He even seems to have taken on the role of an on field leader, continually working the officials and firing up his teammates. He may surprise us. I hope he plays and plays well this week.
I think Peligrini is one of those guys that looks slower than he really is

At the last game some of the runs and crosses he made reminded me of t-mac. I hope i get proven wrong on that one!!!

• Haha
Reactions: JayH
Sounds like Medina+

• Love
Reactions: JayH and moogoo
Sounds like Medina+

Yeah and Peligrini has had a high work rate from day one as opposed to Medina who jogged around for two years and then decided to start trying in the final year of his contract.

I got gifted Party Suite tickets (not trying to humble brag here, I promise). Is free food and booze included? Need to plan my pre-game.
Yes., at least it was for me last week. Menu was chicken tenders, burgers, dogs, beer, wine, and soda. Some time during the game they brought out cookies. Also popcorn and big pretzels.

I think Peligrini is one of those guys that looks slower than he really is
At one point last week -- late in the game, too -- he was tracking back on a counter and matched Thiago Martins stride for stride. They were both in a dead sprint. Pellegrini is definitely not slow.

He kind of reminds me of Leo Trossard in a lot of ways. He doesn't blow you away, there's nothing particularly eye-popping, he's not physically imposing. He's just always there. Really effective without being really obvious. Very similar players.

Reactions: Gene
I realize it's still a week out but the forecast for the match is rain but easily 10° warmer, as high as 50° as opposed to 40° when the gates opened for Inter Miami and then heading down into the 30s from there. Practically toasty warm in comparison.
Game Day Weather Update:
Cloudy, temps in the mid- to low-40s, feels-like temps 5° colder.

Game Day Transit Update:
Downtown D running express from 125th to Columbus Circle, otherwise expecting normal service.

These updates sponsored by Dude Wipes®—Swipe 'em and wipe 'em™, and also by Kickmap, the app that sez "look up your own dang transit routes, dagnabbit™" LOL