Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Chicago Fire FC vs. New York City FC
Saturday, March 4 8:30 PM ET
Solider Field
Apple TV (Free)

Crazy how my outlook on this game has changed.

On Sunday I was thinking, let's grind out a point, come back home and hope things start to click after a few games.

Now, I'm just hoping for no injuries over the next few weeks before we get our upgraded squad back out on the pitch.

(I'd still take a point or 3 though!)

TIL that every MLS game (with limited exceptions) this season starts at 7:30pm local time. For some reason I thought they were doing the 2 time slot thing like football and every game would start at 7:30pm or 10:30pm Eastern. Everyone compared it to the NFL when saying this was a good idea. I just noticed now that we have an 8:30pm start tonight.

Signed, old guy who likes to go to bed by 10pm.

TIL that every MLS game (with limited exceptions) this season starts at 7:30pm local time. For some reason I thought they were doing the 2 time slot thing like football and every game would start at 7:30pm or 10:30pm Eastern. Everyone compared it to the NFL when saying this was a good idea. I just noticed now that we have an 8:30pm start tonight.

Signed, old guy who likes to go to bed by 10pm.
Local start times of 730pm for home teams is what has been hinted at. So obviously CT games at 830, MT games at 930, PT games at 1030 here.

Edit: after re-reading your post I see that you already said that. I got distracted having to look up "TIL" because I've never actually tried to figure that one out yet!

• Haha
Reactions: mgarbowski
I do think the 1-hour staggered start times is better for the wrap around show, with not everything being pretty much in sync. This way when you get to halftime there's a decent chance other games are in action.

Last edited:
Reactions: 413Blue
Our lack of depth is going to kill us.

This is a bad team we played, and we blew several opportunities to put the game away.

The dropoff from Sands to Haak is like looking down from the Empire State Building to a single floor building.

Jasson, like Gray, offers so little going forward. Magno was invisible.

Never complain about a road point, but I'm complaining about this one. Chicago is awful, and we gave away two points. We have no business tying that team.

We'll be fine, and after the signings we had this week I'm not concerned, but that was a brutal tie.

Happy I missed the game.

Seems like we still haven’t replaced Taty or Callens or Tinnerholm or Maxi.

Reactions: LionNYC