Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Red Bulls vs. New York City FC
Saturday, May 13 7:30 PM ET
Red Bull Arena
Apple TV (MLS Season Pass)

It's sad that i'm so little invested this season that I didn't even know the biggest game of the season is this weekend.

same. i still try to watch every game and follow the team, but i feel less connected than usual. not entirely sure why.

Reactions: Schwallacus
same. i still try to watch every game and follow the team, but i feel less connected than usual. not entirely sure why.
I feel similarly, but may just be due to work (new job) keeping me busy these past few months. On a whole, I feel as though the home games are always fun, but we've been miserable on the road so far and most everyone agrees our current roster and form is that of a mid-table team. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but when comparing this season to the previous 4, 5, or 6 where we were a contender for the shield and cup, it's a bit of a drop off. We've almost gotten too cocky/spoiled as fans being one of those front runners for so long. I'm hoping and assuming we get some kind of big name or a few modest signings to reinforce the roster this summer, but that's TBD.

It's also a roster that lost a lot of the faces and names that had been reliable starters and top players in the League. While Sands and Chanot are here, losing Maxi, Callens, Taty, and Johnson takes away some of that relation with the team. Looking back, it was pretty incredible to keep a solid core like that around for as long as we did.

I'm assuming it's just the ebb and flow of fan-ship, but a mix of all those things adds to a little less excitement and eagerness to follow and support the team this season.

I feel similarly, but may just be due to work (new job) keeping me busy these past few months. On a whole, I feel as though the home games are always fun, but we've been miserable on the road so far and most everyone agrees our current roster and form is that of a mid-table team. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but when comparing this season to the previous 4, 5, or 6 where we were a contender for the shield and cup, it's a bit of a drop off. We've almost gotten too cocky/spoiled as fans being one of those front runners for so long. I'm hoping and assuming we get some kind of big name or a few modest signings to reinforce the roster this summer, but that's TBD.

It's also a roster that lost a lot of the faces and names that had been reliable starters and top players in the League. While Sands and Chanot are here, losing Maxi, Callens, Taty, and Johnson takes away some of that relation with the team. Looking back, it was pretty incredible to keep a solid core like that around for as long as we did.

I'm assuming it's just the ebb and flow of fan-ship, but a mix of all those things adds to a little less excitement and eagerness to follow and support the team this season.
For me honestly I wanna say it's mostly due to not being able to make any games anymore since they moved to this 7:30pm sat night formula. Really sucks. My worries about it for the entire MLS in general has been exactly what i was afraid of. I used to watch like 3-4 games per week, or at least have games on in the background throughout sunday. Doesn't happen anymore. And i can't even go see my own team play ever anymore. Maybe like twice or three times per season?

Also we’re in an odd semi-teardown rebuild where we brought in no exciting new players. I guess Ledezma comes closest, but our best acquisitions last window were getting Sands and Rodriguez back. Cufre and Ilenic are fine but not exciting.
Talles has not developed as hoped and ironically it might be because we didn’t get a 9 to pair him with. Waiting until summer to replace Taty Heber and Thiago might be the right move for the roster, but it’s a total buzzkill until then.

Also we’re in an odd semi-teardown rebuild where we brought in no exciting new players. I guess Ledezma comes closest, but our best acquisitions last window were getting Sands and Rodriguez back. Cufre and Ilenic are fine but not exciting. Talles has not developed as hoped and ironically it might be because we didn’t get a 9 to pair him with. Waiting until summer to replace Taty Heber and Thiago might be the right move for the roster, but it’s a total buzzkill until then.

Ilenic is exciting (and chaotic). Otherwise, concur.

For me honestly I wanna say it's mostly due to not being able to make any games anymore since they moved to this 7:30pm sat night formula. Really sucks. My worries about it for the entire MLS in general has been exactly what i was afraid of. I used to watch like 3-4 games per week, or at least have games on in the background throughout sunday. Doesn't happen anymore. And i can't even go see my own team play ever anymore. Maybe like twice or three times per season?
Pretty much the same story with me.

Between the pandemic, Apple, and my sons school/internship we've been to exactly one match since 2019. ugh

Red Bulls got the new coach bounce tonight beating DCU 1-0 in the Open Cup (played in Montclair NJ). No midweek travel for RBNJ.

Red Bulls got the new coach bounce tonight beating DCU 1-0 in the Open Cup (played in Montclair NJ). No midweek travel for RBNJ.

New coach bounce or barely beat an inconsistent DC side?

I dunno why everyone is so worried. If the boys can get hyped for a derby then we got bigger problems

New coach bounce or barely beat an inconsistent DC side?

I dunno why everyone is so worried. If the boys can get hyped for a derby then we got bigger problems

its not that they cant get hyped. its just that nycfc is just not playing well....too many issues in offense and mid field. for them a new coach may just change their way of play and perspective instead of the same bad results they been having thats just an extra motivation to try and impress.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vallos
Oh my god we have to deal with the Ted Unkel show during a Derby? That actually sucks.