Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Charlotte FC vs. New York City FC
Saturday, May 6 7:30 PM ET
Bank of America Stadium
Apple TV (Free)

I remember him being one of worst referees to manage a match. Very inexperienced.

REF: Rosendo Mendoza
AR1: Matthew Nelson
AR2: Kevin Lock
4TH: Chris Penso
VAR: Daniel Radford
AVAR: TJ Zablocki

A team that finds ways to lose on the road instead of finding ways to win. Did not play too poorly, came back in the second half, but yet found a way to lose (Did Charlotte have any other offensive chances after it was tied 2-2?)

That’s coaching and mentality. They didn’t lose tonight because of a lack of #9. Two goals should have been enough for at least a point.

Can someone with more tracking than me look at how many goals have been via open play vs set pieces vs PKs? So putrid on defensive set pieces.

Reactions: Kjbert
We’re in 8th place, if you sort by points per game. Two above the playoffs line.

:mad:

Reactions: Kjbert
We’re in 8th place, if you sort by points per game. Two above the playoffs line.

:mad:

This team is mediocre. Not enough offensive firepower, not secure enough defensively, but some quality talent - unless personnel or coaching upgrades happen, somewhere between 5th-8th in the East is where they will probably end up.

Reactions: Kjbert and Kenny
Yup. Don’t get me wrong, I love this team. Love the City/Barca/Ajax style of possession, nifty passing, team goals, wearing the opponent down, etc. But to put it in Americanese: we are currently a .500 team. 4-4 with 3 ties.

That's a really disappointing result. Set pieces are killing us. I don't understand why we're all of a sudden so poor on defending set pieces. Callens was important for us, but the guys we still have are more than capable.

Offensively it feels like we're starting to get into gear. Disappointing and frustrating result, but the process seems like it's been a bit better, generally, over the last few weeks. This team has too much skill to continue dropping points.

With Chanot out there I think we could have scraped a draw.

Idgaf about the us open cup. Just go to New Jersey and beat Red Bull. Then a draw in Orlando is fine.