Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. Philadelphia Union
Sunday, November 7 3:30 PM EST
Yankee Stadium
YES App

Decision Day

If the Yankees are in the WS and hosting games 6 or 7 then this game will be moved to RBA.

giphy.gif

Can anyone explain why a game that is 4 days after the last possible game of the World Series would need to be moved?

As of now, I can see either this match or Nashville vs. Red Bulls being pushed to the nationally televised match if MLS is doing that this season.

Reactions: Kjbert
Ticket sale outlook for this match:
1635445994773.png

While obviously a lot of empty seats, it looks more bought out than other ticket maps I've seen in the other games, so I'm hoping for at least 15k at this one.

Reactions: Kjbert
As of now, I can see either this match or Nashville vs. Red Bulls being pushed to the nationally televised match if MLS is doing that this season.
Well, the league schedule has Nashville vs Red Bulls on ESPN now. So we’ll be on the local broadcast, except we won’t. Brooklyn at Toronto (NBA) is also at 3:30, so we’re relegated to the YES App. What a shame.

Well, the league schedule has Nashville vs Red Bulls on ESPN now. So we’ll be on the local broadcast, except we won’t. Brooklyn at Toronto (NBA) is also at 3:30, so we’re relegated to the YES App. What a shame.

For the life of me, I still can't understand why this is such a big deal to people. If you get YES, you get the game on the YES app. If you have a smart TV, you can put the game on your TV and you forget you're not watching your cable box.

For the life of me, I still can't understand why this is such a big deal to people. If you get YES, you get the game on the YES app. If you have a smart TV, you can put the game on your TV and you forget you're not watching your cable box.
Because it's so exclusive and you'll never get more followers with such a system

Not everyone is as tech-enabled or have someone tech-enabled in their household. There have been technical problems with the app in the past getting it to work on TVs.

Not everyone is as tech-enabled or have someone tech-enabled in their household. There have been technical problems with the app in the past getting it to work on TVs.

I haven't experienced those issues personally. But to your first comment: MLS's fanbase is generally young and tech-savvy. If any fanbase in the country would be amenable to streaming options, it's MLS's fanbase.

The other problem I have with the Yes App is forwarding and rewinding.
- With a live game, can't do it on the television via the Roku app.
- A live game works okay on a phone or tablet.
- With an archived game, the only way to go forward or back on the television is to click a button that moves in 10 second increments. Kind of difficult to get through halftime or to a point later in the game, etc. A 15 minute move requires clicking the button 90 times.

Quite frustrating and second rate.

And don't get me started with how often I have to log in.

Does it work on the tv you recommended for me (by the way, it's great)? I didn't think the app was available. So ZYanksRule ZYanksRule , I fall into this category :). And as this is the case, I find watching on a tablet or computer monitor much less enjoyable.

Does it work on the tv you recommended for me (by the way, it's great)? I didn't think the app was available. So ZYanksRule ZYanksRule , I fall into this category :). And as this is the case, I find watching on a tablet or computer monitor much less enjoyable.
No idea if it's available on the TV software. I use Apple TV for all TVs (mine and families).

No idea if it's available on the TV software. I use Apple TV for all TVs (mine and families).
Makes sense. It hasn't been available through the tv, didn't know if I was missing something in light of ZYanksRule ZYanksRule 's tech shaming :)

Note that it'll be on YES at 6:30 that evening. So if you're going to the match by the time you get home it'll be on TV.

Reactions: JayH
A reminder to turn your clocks BACK one hour before going to bed on Saturday night (waking up on Sunday). And that this match is at 3:30 PM EST.

This was probably the hardest game to get tickets for all season, in the $20-$30 range. Had to get 3 tickets (I already had one, so totaling 4 tickets) and i ended up getting tickets in different sections, banking on the fact that there are usually no attendants in most sections. Ticketmaster makes me hopeful there are gonna be a lot of people!!!

Anyone want to do a pre-game meetup? Also anyone know if this is gonna be fan appreciation day or...?