Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Atlanta United FC vs. New York City FC
Wednesday, October 20 7:30 PM ET
Mercedes-Benz Stadium
YES Network

Didn’t see it yet. Second yellow or straight red? A likely appeal by Atlanta or overturn by DisCo?
Straight red, but everything else is hard to tell. His red came one minute after Auro got one. Both for Violent Conduct. Videos are useless and just show the ref handing out the cards. Atlanta twitter claims ref failed to call persistent fouling and Barco snapped. Toronto announcer says Barco started it with a clear dive that annoyed Auro. My guess is Auro got one for a foul and Barco retaliated with punch, head butt, hands to face or something like that but that's just a guess. But they have a short turnaround like we had against Red Bulls and might decide not to bother appealing.

Reactions: LionNYC
there's no way we win this game in the form we are currently in and i don't have any hope they will suddenly get hyped enough to take it to atlanta when they couldn't even do it for a derby...

#ronnyOUT

Reactions: Vallos and LionNYC
Straight red, but everything else is hard to tell. His red came one minute after Auro got one. Both for Violent Conduct. Videos are useless and just show the ref handing out the cards. Atlanta twitter claims ref failed to call persistent fouling and Barco snapped. Toronto announcer says Barco started it with a clear dive that annoyed Auro. My guess is Auro got one for a foul and Barco retaliated with punch, head butt, hands to face or something like that but that's just a guess. But they have a short turnaround like we had against Red Bulls and might decide not to bother appealing.

Who wants to bet that it gets overturned? Guess a real coach actually wants his players to be available even if the news comes shortly before game time “oh there is not enough time for me to game plan for when the decision comes” RONNY YOU DOLT

Who wants to bet that it gets overturned? Guess a real coach actually wants his players to be available even if the news comes shortly before game time “oh there is not enough time for me to game plan for when the decision comes” RONNY YOU DOLT
Here is the play that resulted in the red. It really just depends on what you define as a "headbutt" I think.

Auro has a better chance of his getting overturned IMO. They put their heads up against each others on several occasions and Barco multiple times flexes his forward in what would be a clear headbutt if their heads weren't already touching.
View attachment ezgif.com-gif-maker.mp4

What's gonna happen is barco will get his red withdrawn and Thiago will get suspended for his headbutt. Cause that's how things go for us.

Reactions: canchon
a big 0 in goals scored for NYCFC is pretty much the safe bet now

on turf in front of atlanta's 50-60K fans and a resurgent and in form atlanta side... the odds couldn't be more stacked against us. I'd be happy to come out of the benz with a point.

Here is the play that resulted in the red. It really just depends on what you define as a "headbutt" I think.

Auro has a better chance of his getting overturned IMO. They put their heads up against each others on several occasions and Barco multiple times flexes his forward in what would be a clear headbutt if their heads weren't already touching.
View attachment 11481

As always you can find differences if motivated, but this incident is really very similar to the Thiago incident against RBA. Arguably all 4 players should have the same penalty (or none).
ETA: Also I agree Barco was a bit more aggressive in his altercation, and Thiago slightly less so in his.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoupInNYC
Considering going to see a movie instead. At least that will be entertaining. The Last Duel, fitting title as I hope this is Delia's last game in charge.

Reactions: moogoo and canchon
By the way both Atlanta and Orlando committed penalties in the box in the weekend games which would have given the opposition a chance to tie the game late in the second half and neither were called (and of course the instant replay guys said both were penalties.). On one of them the ref even went to the monitor and still didn’t call it.

effing Elfath.

• Angry
Reactions: LionNYC and moogoo
So Isi posted an IG of him in the West Village an hour ago. I guess he's not on the flight to Atlanta. His absence from the 18 at Red Bulls and now this? He wasn't on the injury report? Cacha too. What's up?

So Isi posted an IG of him in the West Village an hour ago. I guess he's not on the flight to Atlanta. His absence from the 18 at Red Bulls and now this? He wasn't on the injury report? Cacha too. What's up?

correct me if i'm wrong.. i'm not an IG user.. but couldn't he have taken the pics another day and then posted it an hour ago?