Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Atlanta United FC vs. New York City FC
Sunday, October 9 2:30 PM ET
Mercedes-Benz Stadium
YES Network

Atlanta loses to the Revs and with that are officially out of the playoffs. Their game against NYCFC has no playoff implications (for them).

Atlanta loses to the Revs and with that are officially out of the playoffs. Their game against NYCFC has no playoff implications (for them).

I would assume this means they won't move this game onto national TV, so we get one last game with Joe and Ian.

Which is why I am really confused by this betting line. Thanks goodness Fanduel hasn’t figured out MLS.

Attachments

• E07C59FF-F89C-4A65-BFFF-BFB9E3DBC636.jpeg
    E07C59FF-F89C-4A65-BFFF-BFB9E3DBC636.jpeg
    795.5 KB · Views: 13
If we win this game and Austin loses we have a much better shot at ccl next year. We are 3 points back with one less win and 1 less gd, we won by one and they lose by 1 and we beat them on gd tiebreaker after drawing on wins and points. I think it is still the case that Canadian teams can't win a berth from being highest in the. Conference since Philly cliched a ccl berth even though Montreal could catch them in the standings so it would mean if we win, if lafc win, if Philly win, or if Orlando win MLS cup we go to CCL. So besides just jockeying for higher seed we can make ccl much more likely of things go our way Sunday. We both play against eliminated opponents and Austin is at home but it is something to keep an eye on Sunday.

If we win this game and Austin loses we have a much better shot at ccl next year. We are 3 points back with one less win and 1 less gd, we won by one and they lose by 1 and we beat them on gd tiebreaker after drawing on wins and points. I think it is still the case that Canadian teams can't win a berth from being highest in the. Conference since Philly cliched a ccl berth even though Montreal could catch them in the standings so it would mean if we win, if lafc win, if Philly win, or if Orlando win MLS cup we go to CCL. So besides just jockeying for higher seed we can make ccl much more likely of things go our way Sunday. We both play against eliminated opponents and Austin is at home but it is something to keep an eye on Sunday.
1. NYCFC win, Austin loses
2. NYCFC doesn't win MLS Cup
3. LAFC, Philadelphia, Montreal, or Orlando win MLS Cup (Canadian teams can only qualify via Canadian Championship until 2024 when the format changes)
then...
NYCFC qualifies for CCL

Dumbo Moving! Flo charging! Xylem water!

Uh oh. Perhaps I’ve taken too many of those NYCFC consumer brand surveys they keep sending out.
How could you have forgotten Captain Morgran?

And maybe they'll put together a package of Joe and Ian over the years, since unless we're playing during Round One on Univision where the local broadcast is the English broadcast, this is the last game they'll call NYCFC on YES.

Reactions: Plasnick