Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New England Revolution vs. New York City FC
Saturday, September 11 7 PM ET
Gillette Stadium
YES

So SJ gets to travel to Nashville, then to Honduras, then back to wherever the US team charter goes to, and then back to NY.

All this to sit on the bench.
Nobody is forcing him.

Reactions: Kjbert
Maxi Moralez (RC) and Jesus Medina (YCA) will be suspended for this match

All signs lead to NYCFC losing this game badly, which in MLSness means that they will probably win.

Will the WCQers start: Turner will probably have played 3 games in 9 days, Buksa is playing European WCQs, Buchanan as well.

Sands will probably play for NYCFC as he’s just sat on the bench so far while Callens is starting for Peru and Chanot played once for Lux. I think Gudi started as well.

Reactions: Kjbert
All signs lead to NYCFC losing this game badly, which in MLSness means that they will probably win.

Will the WCQers start: Turner will probably have played 3 games in 9 days, Buksa is playing European WCQs, Buchanan as well.

Sands will probably play for NYCFC as he’s just sat on the bench so far while Callens is starting for Peru and Chanot played once for Lux. I think Gudi started as well.
Chanot also started Lux's friendly against Qatar yesterday.

Gudi did start the weekend game, but was not in the squad against Germany today.

Reactions: canchon and Kjbert
Predicted Lineup:

-------------====--------Isi-Taty----------------------
---------------------------Santi------------------------
----------------------Parks--Cacha-------------------
----------Gudi-Chanot-Sands-Callens-Tinnerholm-----
------------------------Johnson----------------------------

EDIT: Isi for the suspended Medina

Predicted Lineup:

---------------------Medina-Taty----------------------

didn't you just post that medina is also suspended due to YCA?

Predicted Lineup:

---------------------Medina-Taty----------------------

Probably Isi for Medina and I'll guess Thiago in instead of five in the back. I also think since all four of those guys on the backline are coming back from internationals, at least one of them -- and probably two -- will be rested.

My guess for the backline:
Amundsen-Chanot-Sands-Tinnerholm

Probably Isi for Medina and I'll guess Thiago in instead of five in the back. I also think since all four of those guys on the backline are coming back from internationals, at least one of them -- and probably two -- will be rested.

My guess for the backline:
Amundsen-Chanot-Sands-Tinnerholm

I am hoping for a Gloster for Malte swap. Malte hasn't been great his last few outings. I would like to see more of Gloster. But guess we'll have to trust the coaching staff that he isn't as good as Malte...

agree we will see some rest though. especially callens.

Predicted Lineup:

---------------------Isi-Taty----------------------
This would be somewhat of a wrinkle as it would be a formation that we haven't quite thrown out there this year.

When we've gone 3ATB, it's been a diamond midfield with Taty up top by himself.

brilliant start to the game.

santi going out injured changed our midfield rhythm a lot and allowed the revs to grow into the game more, which they probably were going to do anyway. but jasson didn't have the same kind of mobility, creativity, nor chemistry with our front guys like santi does and often plays backwards or square rather than through the lines.

morales going out sucked, but we actually played better down to 10 men. boys dug deep and even though we lost, it could have been a lot worse. proud of the effort.

thiago hasn't had a good game in awhile. his touch has been bad and his frustration showed tonight. he needs to play stronger and seems a lot like taty when he first arrived here a few years ago. here's hoping he develops as much as taty has.

talles looked lively and played ok. he's still far from being in condition to make a huge impact. doesn't seem like it's going to happen this year.

isi looked great when he came on. quick and decisive and was the ONLY person we had who would take anybody on AND be successful at it. I'm unsure why he doesn't get more minutes but the revs commentary said ronny was hoping not to use him tonight because he had gotten a knock. not sure how accurate that is. he looked great though.

amundsen should be 3rd in the depth chargt behind gloster. he was frequently out of position is entirely too slow to recover and/or press the winger. he allows crosses to come in way too easily and even allows shots on goal from the width.

Overall it was kind of a scrappy game, but we played well considering we went down to 10 men and had an unforeseen injury. Wish we could have gotten a point, but proud of the effort. Here's hoping Santi's injury is very minor and he'll be back in 2 weeks or less.