Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. Red Bulls
Saturday, September 17 1 PM ET
Yankee Stadium
YES Network

If NYCFC lose this match, the club cannot claim the 3rd seed in the East and will be 4th place or lower.

With a normal team this would be bulletin board material (Struber is an arrogant MF for sure)…but with this washed squad who knows.

Their press conferences aren't available with a link, but on the Red Bulls website the video is called "On the Record Gerhard Struber | 9/10/22"

"...Especially New York City is not only a normal game, it is a game of which club further in the process, and which club is the number one in the city, and it’s crystal clear that we will win the next game. That’s it."

Fuck that guy

seriously. fuck struber. that guy has no fucking class. what kind of coach says that shit? isn't the PR thing to do is say "oh they are a good team and we will do our best to win" or something?

to come out and say shit like that makes me so angry. i hope nick shows the boys this so they get super fired up. starters or not, any player reading this will be pissed and they'll want to shut struber up. i hope club social media shares this shit everywhere so fans get fired up and show up next weekend.

we need to win this 7-0, then parade the MLS cup in front of their sorry asses after the final whistle.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
seriously. fuck struber. that guy has no fucking class. what kind of coach says that shit? isn't the PR thing to do is say "oh they are a good team and we will do our best to win" or something?

to come out and say shit like that makes me so angry. i hope nick shows the boys this so they get super fired up. starters or not, any player reading this will be pissed and they'll want to shut struber up. i hope club social media shares this shit everywhere so fans get fired up and show up next weekend.

we need to win this 7-0, then parade the MLS cup in front of their sorry asses after the final whistle.
Just don’t prove him right. A 1-0 win would be fantastic at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: KevinJRogers
Would be glorious. We can all dream. We could also all just say it happened and refuse to let reality get in the way.
What's that great Philip K. Dick quote? "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

We've been in tough straits for sure. But I think of last year when we had our Second Drought. From the first week in September to the second week of October we went 1-4-5. This year over the last 10 games we're 1-2-7.

So, when you look at it that way, we've only dropped two more points compared to that awful stretch last season, when we were a lot healthier (Keaton went down right after that) and deeper (we still had James Sands, for instance) and Taty was still at striker. Considering everything we've had to deal with this year, yeah it sucks, but we're hanging in there.

And the way I see it, we just outplayed New England and probably should have won 3-0 instead of the other way around. We could have easily beat Cincinnati except for Martins' brain fart and Héber hitting the crossbar with a great strike and just missing a great header attempt. We could actually have the same record over a 10-game span this year as last.

It's pretty amazing to think of that with all the crap we've had gone wrong.

(Of course, we went 7-1-0 after Oct. 20 last season, which seems just a weeee bit of a stretch this time around. LOL)

Struber has always been an arrogant prick. After the 1-0 win last game he spoke about Callens and Martins being slow. In the game last year where NYCFC got hosed with the penalty call by Elfath in the eighth minute of stoppage time after NYCFC controlled the game, Struber mentioned how it was a “deserved result” and how his team controlled the game.

With a normal team this would be bulletin board material (Struber is an arrogant MF for sure)…but with this washed squad who knows.

I have no issue with him guaranteeing a win, though think it’s stupid as hell for him to do so.

What I take issue with is his referring to NYCFC as “City Group” as a jab while completing ignoring his club’s place in a very similar, yet incredibly less successful corporate structure

I have no issue with him guaranteeing a win, though think it’s stupid as hell for him to do so.

What I take issue with is his referring to NYCFC as “City Group” as a jab while completing ignoring his club’s place in a very similar, yet incredibly less successful corporate structure

Maybe his logic is "well, they call us by our corporate name, 'red bulls', so i can call them by their corporate name." Which would be a valid argument if their team name wasn't literally the corporate name and there was nothing else to call them. Oh, I'm sorry, maybe we should just call them "New Jersey" as a show of respect :)

(Yeah I'm aware what i wrote above is a straw man argument but I don't really care)

Hudson River Derby - NYCFC vs. Red Bulls
East River Derby - NYCFC vs. Cosmos
Empire State Derby - NYCFC vs. Rochester NY FC
New York Derby - The premier race at Finger Lakes. Run in July it is part of the Big Apple Triple for New York Breds.

Not sure if the team is concealing tickets to make it look scarce but according to ticketmaster the game against RB is fully sold, with only resale left available: 1663163579609.png

• Wow
Reactions: JayH and ZYanksRule
Not sure if the team is concealing tickets to make it look scarce but according to ticketmaster the game against RB is fully sold, with only resale left available: View attachment 12249

About time we got a crowd like this! The defending MLS champs have, for the most part, played in front of shockingly small crowds this season. Believe our season-high was for Taty's last game, we had around 23,000.

Reactions: Shwafta and JayH