Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
FC Cincinnati vs. New York City FC
Saturday, September 18 7:30 PM ET
TQL Stadium
YES

I just hope maxi is ok

and i dont know why jasson keeps getting fouled like the kid took a beating today but did the job

Reactions: JCMore
Cincy fans on Twitter and Reddit are :fire: with their hatred for Jasson and Unkel

unkel hate is expected too many fans dislike him, even us. If it’s Warranted or not is another matter.

it’s weird seeing Jasson hate though. People say he dived lol like what? He legit gets hit many times inexplicably. I mean he doesn’t do anything fancy or creates massive chances and still gets hit.

unkel hate is expected too many fans dislike him, even us. If it’s Warranted or not is another matter.

it’s weird seeing Jasson hate though. People say he dived lol like what? He legit gets hit many times inexplicably. I mean he doesn’t do anything fancy or creates massive chances and still gets hit.
Yes. Our whole team dives and has no talent, especially Jasson.

The Queen City at its worst:

What a weird game. Cincy just completely lost their composure in the second half. Chanot's defending on the Brenner goal was ... yikes. And while we didn't really attack in the 2nd half, we still deserved that win. Good to see the road hex broken, even if it is only a bad Cincy team. Thought that game took a lot of guts to win, and the guys deserve credit for that.

What a weird game. Cincy just completely lost their composure in the second half. Chanot's defending on the Brenner goal was ... yikes. And while we didn't really attack in the 2nd half, we still deserved that win. Good to see the road hex broken, even if it is only a bad Cincy team. Thought that game took a lot of guts to win, and the guys deserve credit for that.
I thought Cincy was the better team with the exception of losing it at the end. The tackle on Maxi was Horrendous.
We were lucky tonight. Cincy were unlucky.
I will say Props to Keaton and also… Taty getting close to MVP candidate.

Reactions: moogoo
Sometimes it's fun to look at the game and how the players played. Soemtimes it's fun to look at stats. Sometimes it's fun to just be like "WE WON WOOOOO" and I think I'm going to take this route through to wednesday night hah
giphy.gif

Reactions: Kjbert and JCMore
Just got to watch the game. I genuinely don’t understand how Jasson is so brutally fouled whenever he plays? At first I was thinking he needs to give Taty some lessons on diving, but no, I would say 90% of the time it’s a legitimate hard tackle. My uneducated guess thinks he is really good at shielding the ball but not so good at shaking off defenders so they just end up taking him down.

On a completely different front, Jasson had some dribbles tonight around the box early in the second half and around the midline late in the half that made me double take because they were so silky and made the defenders look silly.

Leaving aside the fouling, Jasson actually changed the game with his willingness to take on defenders. No one else was willing or able to do that, and it was key to disrupting the bus. And props for his stare down of the Cincy supporters when they were razzing him in the corner.

Leaving aside the fouling, Jasson actually changed the game with his willingness to take on defenders. No one else was willing or able to do that, and it was key to disrupting the bus. And props for his stare down of the Cincy supporters when they were razzing him in the corner.
The kid has moxie and me thinks you are right about him taking on defenders.
I was thinking all night again about how NYCFC is lacking a true dynamic 1v1 player and is a slow team with the exception of Thiago.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Sometimes it's fun to look at the game and how the players played. Soemtimes it's fun to look at stats. Sometimes it's fun to just be like "WE WON WOOOOO" and I think I'm going to take this route through to wednesday night hah
Also don't want to be the fanbase that complains when the team doesn't win close games, and loses games it should win, but also complains when it wins close games and games it easily could have lost.

• First comeback win since DC on 6/27. First Away win since LAFC on 5/29.
  • Outside of a completely and brilliantly manufactured PK, NYC had < 1/2 xGoal and won 2-1.
  • NYCFC took zero shots in the second half apart from the PK. Despite that NYC had more shots, more shots on target, more blocked shots, more goals, and won 2-1.
  • Outside of a Gloster/Chanot breakdown, NYC was the better team in the first half.
  • Ted Unkel awarded us the PK to win the game and 2 reds to Cincy.
  • Second time we saw Taty use a stiff-arm move. First one mimicked American football; this one was like a basketball post-up. Kind of fun.
  • Despite the NYC-CIN history, and despite almost never winning at home, Cincinnati does not get blown out at home this year. They conceded 11 goals in 10 home games this year before last night. The Revs beat them 1-0. Orlando and Atlanta drew them 1-1. Montreal and DC drew them 0-0. This is how Cincy plays at home and NYC did what it needed to do to beat them.
  • Cincinnati completely parked the bus. It's what they do. I have no issue with that but it helps to remember that teams who are better don't actually do that, and sometimes the better team just has to grind it out.
  • This Dark Arts maestro is on our team and Ronny has figured out that every time he gets the ball he gets fouled and in the offensive half it legally wastes 30 seconds off the clock.
giphy.gif

Last edited: