Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New England Revolution vs. New York City FC
Sunday, September 4 8 PM ET
Gillette Stadium
YES Network

Anton out with hamstring.

everyone else training.

callens, martins, parks - still day to day.

guess that means morales is potentially available?

Reactions: mgarbowski
How long would a hamstring injury keep Anton out?

a simple pulled hamstring could take a couple weeks at best. he's got good medical staff so hopefully that's that. but it's very easy to reinjure if it's not fully healed. so even if he does make a return, i wouldn't be surprised if it happens again.

• Sad
Reactions: JCMore
and the official injury list. strange how martins went from being on the bench to now OUT... ?

OUT
Keaton Parks (Lower Body)
Anton Tinnerholm (Lower Body)
Alfredo Morales (Lower Body)
Thiago Martins (Lower Body)

QUESTIONABLE
Alex Callens (Lower Body)

Anyone coming out for this one?

I'm about an hour away, original plans for the night are cancelled, and now I'm thinking about a last minute trip.

Anyone coming out for this one?

I'm about an hour away, original plans for the night are cancelled, and now I'm thinking about a last minute trip.
There's a large contingent of Third Rail members making a bus trip up. They should be in Lot 12.

I mean it’s barebones lineups the depth is not there. Like I said before all the can one hope is get as many people back as soon possible get few games in before playoffs and hope for best

Reactions: Kjbert
that was tough to watch.

3ATB with 3rd and 4th string CBs was already a bad sign.

Heber and Thiago just not showing they have the goods to influence a game in any real way.. at least not consistently.

Maxi, santi, gray, jasson - great performances.

I think we were unlucky not to score twice. 2 good saves kept us off the scoreboard. maybe a 3rd or 4th if we were a bit more clinical with our finishing, but we just take too long on the ball in the box sometimes.

Zel and Pelligrini looked good when they came on.

I would like it if Nick put more emphasis on defending and actually show it. More aggression, more pressure sooner. No crosses should be coming in so easily. No shots should go unchallenged. to back off and defend so lazily when you're losing game after game, it's inexcusable.

Normally, I’d pose that the injuries, bad play, missed chances, are a larger MLS conspiracy theory that we’re not able to host home playoff matches since Yankee Stadium and Citi Field will be occupied so we need to drop in the standings…but nope, we’re just that unlucky, bad, and underperforming.

And I highly recommending watching Only Murderers in the Building. It’s a fun, mysterious, and hoot of an enjoyable watch.

I mean it’s barebones lineups the depth is not there. Like I said before all the can one hope is get as many people back as soon possible get few games in before playoffs and hope for best

not our first choice, but we should be good enough to perform better than that. we looked fairly decent attacking, just didn't have the clinical finishing or their keeper made some great saves.

what kills me is our fairly casual defending. heber going to defend a guy at the corner flat and keeping his arms behind his back... WTF?

I'll be honest, I knew losing Taty would be bad, but I didn't think it would be THIS bad. We do find goals from people than taty all the time. I was wrong, it seems.

How much of this is losing taty and how much of it is losing deila?

Match sucked. Turned on HOTD at half time. Ending of that sucked. What a night.

I would like it if Nick put more emphasis on defending and actually show it. More aggression, more pressure sooner.
I wonder if he thinks we just don't have the horses. I mean, we're a different team with Callens and Martins at center back, fit and in form, even with all the other subtractions. Without them, he may not feel like we can gamble pressing up high.

And yes, I know we were doing it less almost immediately once he took over from Deila. But we have to remember, he also knew we were going to lose Taty in the summer window. So, it's possible -- maybe even likely -- he was adjusting already.