MLS - September 7 - Cincinnati (Home)

Who is going to this game? I'd love to do a pre-game thing, since the game is at 8, and I'd love to get together with people, bring us together during the team's slump. Doesn't mean we can't have fun if the team isn't being fun :)

Does anyone want an extra supporters section ticket for this one? Obviously won't be able to make it, listed it way too late, and recent form probably isn't drumming up much interest.

Does anyone want an extra supporters section ticket for this one? Obviously won't be able to make it, listed it way too late, and recent form probably isn't drumming up much interest.
Just when Shwafta Shwafta was thinking he got a great deal, he finds out that once again he moved too soon and could have had one for free. :p

Club just announced: Due to the US Open taking place at the same time as our match, parking will not be available.
Just ridiculous. The Open has an entire entry about conflict dates, which involve Mets home games.

NYCFC gets zero accommodation. For its part, NYCFC either didn't plan ahead or withheld info until the last minute.

Also, how will they know where you are going. And if you lie and get in the lot, will they actively prevent you from heading to the stadium? Not that I plan on testing this, but still.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Just ridiculous. The Open has an entire entry about conflict dates, which involve Mets home games.

NYCFC gets zero accommodation. For its part, NYCFC either didn't plan ahead or withheld info until the last minute.

Also, how will they know where you are going. And if you lie and get in the lot, will they actively prevent you from heading to the stadium? Not that I plan on testing this, but still.

maybe they require a US open cup ticket to enter the lot?

maybe they require a US open cup ticket to enter the lot?
Maybe. What if you're going to tennis and meeting the ticketholder there? Between that and not actively notifying NYCFC fans at all, and tweeting it barely a day ahead of time, it seems like a recipe for chaos. People will inevitably show up not knowing and unprepared.
Maybe they're just not opening the Citi field lot. On the "conflict days" tennis fans are directed to lots away from Citi. They could be closing the Citi-side lots to reduce traffic.
Just a mess.

I suspect the Club was asked to send something out to avoid the possibility of parking running short. In the end, they aren't going to be able to tell who is there for the Open vs. soccer. If there is a space, you will be able to park. If you get there on the early side, there shouldn't be a problem.

That's what I think too.
Anyway, I'm going to risk it and drive up, i'll try to arrive around. 6:30-7pm. If anyone wants to join me!

Reactions: Schwallacus
I was spooked by the prospect of traffic and parking, so listed my tix (at a discount) and shocked that they sold so quickly!

I suspect the Club was asked to send something out to avoid the possibility of parking running short. In the end, they aren't going to be able to tell who is there for the Open vs. soccer. If there is a space, you will be able to park. If you get there on the early side, there shouldn't be a problem.
Yeah. Some comments on reddit noted that the Arthur Ashe evening session starts an hour before the NYCFC game, so the lots might just be full and this is more a matter of you can park until they run out of room, rather than not being allowed to park at all.