MLS Week 13 - 2017

Gotham Gator

Registered
Donor
Feb 9, 2015
Bronxville, NY
Games get off to an early start tonight at Dallas hosts Chicago in a matchup of top teams. Dallas has an interesting Thursday - Sunday double game week, with a derby match at Houston at 8pm on FS1.

The other interesting game is a Saturday afternoon Cascadia Cup match as Seattle hosts Portland at 2:30 on big Fox.

Reactions: Sabo and SoupInNYC
Games get off to an early start tonight at Dallas hosts Chicago in a matchup of top teams. Dallas has an interesting Thursday - Sunday double game week, with a derby match at Houston at 8pm on FS1.

The other interesting game is a Saturday afternoon Cascadia Cup match as Seattle hosts Portland at 2:30 on big Fox.
Chicago is hosting Dallas tonight.

My first thought when seeing the DFC schedule was it was really short rest. Then I counted and it's the same as playing Sunday and Wednesday, which happens often enough, as we just did.

Chicago is hosting Dallas tonight.

Correct!

My first thought when seeing the DFC schedule was it was really short rest. Then I counted and it's the same as playing Sunday and Wednesday, which happens often enough, as we just did.

And are about to do again, and also the same as Wednesday and Saturday, as we are also about to do.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Hedges looked fantastic tonight. I haven't seen anyone in MLS able to shut down Accam 1 v 1 every time like that. Hedges even caught Accam and stuffed him. I definitely want to see him starting at the Gold Cup now.

Well FC Dallas didn't do us any favors as they fell to Chicago on the road 2-1 using a lukewarm starting 11. We need to win on Sunday to stay 1 point behind Chicago and remain in third.

Well FC Dallas didn't do us any favors as they fell to Chicago on the road 2-1 using a lukewarm starting 11. We need to win on Sunday to stay 1 point behind Chicago and remain in third.
You're worrying about a team we control our own destiny with since we have two games against them. Take care of business in those games and it's 6pts for the good guys.

Fairly sure I heard the Fire announcer say that Canadian names were hard to pronounce when I watched the condensed match just now.

Should we discuss the inherent stupidity of this comment or no?

Reactions: adam
That was what I thought. I think it was around 50-52ish on game clock. I should recheck, but I won't. At this point, I like the idea that he said it more than accurate knowledge.
He said it. I think it was a joke? They were talking about Akindele on Dallas FC. He was born in Calgary, but the name is Nigerian. That's where his dad is from.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan