MLS Week 27 - 2017

Gotham Gator

Registered
Donor
Feb 9, 2015
Bronxville, NY
We got things off to a great start last night in what should have been a marquee matchup of the week (rain and missing players kind of ruined that).

Some good stuff this weekend.
  • Cows will try to kick over the lamp in Chicago at 4pm on Saturday on Unimas. Huge game for 3rd in the East.
  • We host Portland in a game featuring 2nd in each conference.
  • Sunday starts with Sporting KC going into surging Columbus.
  • Then, Atlanta hosts Dallas for its first match in the new stadium.
  • Finally, Seattle host LA.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
We got things off to a great start last night in what should have been a marquee matchup of the week (rain and missing players kind of ruined that).

Some good stuff this weekend.
  • Cows will try to kick over the lamp in Chicago at 4pm on Saturday on Unimas. Huge game for 3rd in the East.

So conflicted about this game, I really don't want Chicago to pick up points as getting a nine point advantage over Chicago, assuming we beat Portland, with 7 games remaining would put us nearly out of reach. On the other hand I would prefer if NJRB never win another match for the rest of the season and fall out off the playoffs race.

So I guess a tie would work?

But being honest Chicago fans deserve some happiness after the past years, so I hope Chicago wins this game.

I think it depends upon who you would like to face in the conference semifinals. I am willing to have Chicago stay a little closer to us in order to avoid having NJ or Atlanta end up in the 3rd position and line up to face us in the playoffs. I think the Cows and the Five Stripes would each be tougher opponents in that round than the Fire.

If I could pick the finish in the East 3 through 6, I would go: Chicago, NJ, Atlanta, Columbus/Montreal. That's pretty close to where things stand right now.

The number of the day in MLS is 4,872.3.

That's the number of Chicago defenders that were standing around ball watching on New Jersey's first goal.

Atlanta UTD, in their new stadium, have taken MLS up a notch .

Okay, my two cents on Atlanta United and the Mercedes Benz for soccer...

- The main camera is two or three yards left of the midfield line. This is very, very annoying at least for me.
- Originally, they had a very zoomed in frame so you couldn't see what was really happening. During a free kick, you only saw the player and the ball and not the action inside the 18 yard box. They changed this later in the game but still it's annoying.
- You can't see corners being taken on the nearside due to the height of the stands. They'll need a camera on the touchline or on the opposite side of the field (but that would break the 180 degree camera rule).
- It's turf, and even if it's the best turf in the world, it's still turf and soccer is a grass field sport.
- Pyrotechnics during the national anthem I believe is one of the worst things you can do, especially in a domed field. All that smoke stayed low for a long portion of the match and it greyed out the screen.

Reactions: adam and Ulrich
Okay, my two cents on Atlanta United and the Mercedes Benz for soccer...

- The main camera is two or three yards left of the midfield line. This is very, very annoying at least for me.
- Originally, they had a very zoomed in frame so you couldn't see what was really happening. During a free kick, you only saw the player and the ball and not the action inside the 18 yard box. They changed this later in the game but still it's annoying.
- You can't see corners being taken on the nearside due to the height of the stands. They'll need a camera on the touchline or on the opposite side of the field (but that would break the 180 degree camera rule).
- It's turf, and even if it's the best turf in the world, it's still turf and soccer is a grass field sport.
- Pyrotechnics during the national anthem I believe is one of the worst things you can do, especially in a domed field. All that smoke stayed low for a long portion of the match and it greyed out the screen.

Ill concur with what you said. Its not as good as a lot of people hoped.

However, if they continue to get 45,000+ crowds in a stadium they dont pay rent for, it means a lot of $$$

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Ill concur with what you said. Its not as good as a lot of people hoped.

However, if they continue to get 45,000+ crowds in a stadium they dont pay rent for, it means a lot of $$$
I've heard in one of their upcoming games they're looking to break the MLS attendance record with a crowd over 70k