MLS Week 29 - 2017

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Week 29 kicks off tomorrow (Wednesday) with Atlanta vs. LA Galaxy on ESPN2 followed up Toronto vs. Montreal (MLS Live). Wednesday is also the U.S. Open Cup final between Sporting KC and Red Bulls (ESPN2, 9:00).

Full slate of matches on the weekend, starting with Saturday
- NYCFC vs. Houston (First historic MLS game in Connecticut) 3 PM
- New England vs. Toronto (First game for the Revs without Jay Heaps) 5 PM
- DC vs. SJ 7 PM
- Philadelphia vs. Chicago (I'll be watching) 7 PM
- Columbus vs. Red Bull 7:30 PM
- Minnesota vs. Dallas 8 PM
- RSL vs. Seattle 9:30 PM
- Vancouver vs. Colorado 10 PM

Then it's a TRIPLE HEADER on FOX (Big, Homer Simpson FOX) and FS1
- Sporting KC vs. LA Galaxy 2 PM (FOX)
- Atlanta vs. Montreal 5 PM (FOX)
- Portland vs. Orlando 8 PM (FS1)

Week 29 kicks off tomorrow (Wednesday) with Atlanta vs. LA Galaxy on ESPN2 followed up Toronto vs. Montreal (MLS Live). Wednesday is also the U.S. Open Cup final between Sporting KC and Red Bulls (ESPN2, 9:00).

- New England vs. Toronto (First game for the Revs without Jay Heaps) 5 PM
- DC vs. SJ 7 PM
- Columbus vs. Red Bull 7:30 PM
- Minnesota vs. Dallas 8 PM
- RSL vs. Seattle 9:30 PM
- Vancouver vs. Colorado 10 PM

Then it's a TRIPLE HEADER on FOX (Big, Homer Simpson FOX) and FS1
- Sporting KC vs. LA Galaxy 2 PM (FOX)
- Atlanta vs. Montreal 5 PM (FOX)
- Portland vs. Orlando 8 PM (FS1)
If there is a Soccer God, then RB will lose the US Open Cup Final Wednesday night.

Reactions: LionNYC
If the team twitter account refers to this game as a First Historic anything I will be so pleased.
Tricky game to decide how to root. Chicago might need 3 wins to stay in third place ahead of Atlanta (apologies for being repetitive of what I just wrote in another thread). One of those has to be Away and this is the most likely opportunity. Of course if Atlanta somehow doesn't beat LA on Wednesday, then Doop Doop Doop.

ATL 1 - LA 0 12'

Josef Martinez now has 17 goals. I think he's going to win the Golden Boot.

ATL 2 - LA 0 16'

Asad. Fear these guys in the playoffs. They end the season at home vs. Toronto. Obviously, Toronto will be the 1st seed and will have nothing to play for but it will be interesting looking at the playoff matches. I fear these guys playing in Atlanta.

ATL 3 - LA 0 20'

Asad. And here I captained Almiron again on fantasy.

ATL 3 - LA 0 39'

RED CARD to Jermaine Jones for a kickout. Clear and obvious.

ATL 4 - LA 0 41'

Almiron. Looking at the live standings, we'll be ahead by 2 points even if Atlanta wins its next game. That being said, they are boosting their goal differential which is the second tiebreaker after wins.

Last edited:
ATL 1 - LA 0 12'

I'm always afraid to check the score because I just assume Martinez has scored again.

We just have to get everyone to pass to Villa

ATL 1 - LA 0 12'

ATL 2 - LA 0 16'

Asad. Fear these guys in the playoffs. They end the season at home vs. Toronto. Obviously, Toronto will be the 1st seed and will have nothing to play for but it will be interesting looking at the playoff matches. I fear these guys playing in Atlanta.

ATL 3 - LA 20'

Asad. And here I captained Almiron again on fantasy.
Their third goal was clearly offsides because Asad was in playing distance of the ball and engaged in the play.

And LA's Alessandrini should have been awarded a PK and the ref turned a blind eye.

Atlanta getting a lot of favorable calls.

That red card is bullshit too. The Atlanta player scissored him

That red card is bullshit too. The Atlanta player scissored him
He was definitely fouled, yes, but then he intentionally kicked the guy in the back. Straight red seemed fair to me.

Crazy game though.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Will be interesting to see who Atlanta subs out. Game is over already. Do you sub out the big guns to give them a rest? (Please sub out Martinez)

Red card in the Atl on Atlanta's Brandon Vazquez now. Soft call, it then went to VAR but remained red after review.

It took three whole minutes for the ref to call the foul, issue the red card, consult VAR, and then issue another red. All in the last meaningless minutes of a blowout. Terrible decision (twice!), and terrible entertainment. VAR is simply horrible.

It took three whole minutes for the ref to call the foul, issue the red card, consult VAR, and then issue another red. All in the last meaningless minutes of a blowout. Terrible decision (twice!), and terrible entertainment. VAR is simply horrible.

No, the referee is the problem.

Reactions: Vallos