MLS Week 33

SoupInNYC

Registered
Elite Donor
Mar 9, 2015
UES
Big week. All Eastern Conference Games at 3pm, all Western Conference games at 5pm.

Eastern Conference:
Columbus, Orlando, and Chicago have all been eliminated from playoff contention.

NYCFC and NJRB clinch a first round bye with a win and a Toronto draw/loss at Montreal.
Toronto clinches at least the 3 seed with a win/draw at Montreal
Montreal clinches a home playoff game with a win against Toronto and a Philly loss/draw and a DCU loss.
Philly clinches a playoff spot with a win against Orlando and a NER loss/draw at Chicago or a draw and a NER loss.
DCU clinches a playoff spot with a win against NYCFC or a draw and a NER draw/loss at Chicago.
NER is eliminated from playoff contention with a loss and a Philly draw/win or with a draw and a Philly win and a DCU draw/win.

Western Conference:
San Jose, Houston, and Vancouver have all been eliminated from playoff contention.
Colorado and Dallas have clinched first round byes.

Colorado clinches the Supporters Shield with a win at Portland and a Dallas loss to Seattle.
LAG clinches the 3 seed with a win at Houston and a RSL draw/loss to SKC or a Seattle draw/loss at Dallas OR clinches the 3 seed with a draw at Houston and a RSL loss or Seattle loss.
Seattle clinches a home playoff game with a win at Dallas and a RSL loss to SKC.
Seattle clinches a playoff spot with a win/draw at Dallas or a Portland loss/draw to Colorado.
RSL clinches a playoff spot with a win/draw to SKC or a Portland loss to Colorado.
SKC clinches a playoff spot with a win at RSL and a Portland loss/draw to Colorado.
Portland is eliminated from playoff contention with a loss/draw to Colorado and a SKC win at RSL.

I think the above is accurate. Correct me as you find errors. Sunday should be exciting.

Reactions: adam
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Three devices for Sunday: TV, Laptop, and iPad

I need to be able to watch NYCFC vs. DC (on YES), Red Bulls vs. Columbus (on MSG), and Toronto vs. Montreal (on ESPN).

YES can be viewed on TV and the FoxSportsGo App (with YES subscription)
MSG can be viewed on TV and the MSG Go App (with MSG subscription ONLY Comcast or Optimum)
ESPN can be viewed on TV, WatchESPN, and the ESPN app (with ESPN subscription)

ESPN will have live look ins on all the games.

Be sure to also watch the MLS pregame show on MLSSoccer.com, YouTube, and Facebook

Last edited:

I need to be able to watch NYCFC vs. DC (on YES), Red Bulls vs. Columbus (on MSG), and Toronto vs. Montreal (on ESPN).
Planning on doing same. Yes on the big screen (obviously). Just went online to try streaming ESPN - easy as can be directly on the web.

Tried same with MSG and hit a wall. Downloaded FIOS app on my iPad. Got live streaming of lots of channels, but not MSG.

Any advice for streaming MSG?

Reactions: FootyLovin
Boo. They don't support Verizon customers.

Looks like I might have to decide between skipping watching any of NJ game or going picture in picture which I generally don't like to do. I find it distracts from the main event.

MLS would get rid of the blackouts for MLS Live tomorrow and next week. I guess I'll resort to seeing the live look ins on ESPN and maybe have the match thread on the app.

Or we'll see what r/soccerstreams has tomorrow.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Planning on doing same. Yes on the big screen (obviously). Just went online to try streaming ESPN - easy as can be directly on the web.

Tried same with MSG and hit a wall. Downloaded FIOS app on my iPad. Got live streaming of lots of channels, but not MSG.

Any advice for streaming MSG?
Get hotspot vpn if you have MLS live. You can get a week free. Or it's around $20 per year. I pay for it because I usually find 5-6 reasons per year to use it, especially if traveling.

Get hotspot vpn if you have MLS live. You can get a week free. Or it's around $20 per year. I pay for it because I usually find 5-6 reasons per year to use it, especially if traveling.

Many thanks Midas. Which location should one use? Is US okay?

NYCFC on TV, RB-Columbus on Laptop MLS Live, Toronto on ESPN on the iPad

Many thanks Midas. Which location should one use? Is US okay?

NYCFC on TV, RB-Columbus on Laptop MLS Live, Toronto on ESPN on the iPad
I usually use Canada if I need it from home. If traveling abroad, then yes, US.

YES can be viewed on TV and the FoxSportsGo App (with YES subscription)
MSG can be viewed on TV and the MSG Go App (with MSG subscription ONLY Comcast or Optimum)
ESPN can be viewed on TV, WatchESPN, and the ESPN app (with ESPN subscription)

ESPN will have live look ins on all the games.

Be sure to also watch the MLS pregame show on MLSSoccer.com, YouTube, and Facebook
Nice, I forgot about FoxSportsGo. I'm posting up at the bar to watch the Steelers game and brought my external battery and headphones to watch the NYCFC match once that started. Was hoping to not have to buy a vpn, this works great.

Montreal TFC on TV, NYCFC on laptop hooked up to a 2nd TV and the energy piss on the iPad.

Just watch NYCFC people.