Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
MLS is Back Tournament - Round of 16
New York City FC vs. Toronto FC
Sunday, July 26th 8:30 PM ET
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
FS1

Well, we made it here thanks to some help from other teams in other groups. We'll face Toronto FC in the Knockout Round.

This is in the MLS in back thread, but good for this match's discussion as well. MLS is Back Bracket copy.jpg

Reactions: post90pod
WEll, we're better rested. Maybe Heber can play? Maxi? Is Cacha a fix in our midfield? Sands said postgame that sometimes all it takes in one win. I hope he is right.

Reactions: adam
Someone needs to ask Ronny if he's stripping if we win this trophy. That said, our path to the final is probably TFC, LAFC, SEA/POR. That's a murderer's row if I ever saw one. Our side of the bracket is STACKED.

• Haha
Reactions: Shwafta
Someone needs to ask Ronny if he's stripping if we win this trophy. That said, our path to the final is probably TFC, LAFC, SEA/POR. That's a murderer's row if I ever saw one. Our side of the bracket is STACKED.
On the other hand, if we make it all the way it's most likely going to be against a whacked final

The more reps this group gets in knockout tournament games the better it will be for all of us.

I don't particularly care whether we win or lose this tournament, my entire goal is to keep the gap between the tournament and the resumption of the season as small as possible. Because if we have to go 4-6 weeks before playing again, we'll have another situation where we're not match fit and have to play catch-up.

really wish Dome was around for “re-match”
...who else does this team have to play LWB besides Mata?

1 at a time boys. Oh and Ronny, please bench mata.

Vanney turning to Richie Laryea

giphy.gif

really wish Dome was around for “re-match”
...who else does this team have to play LWB besides Mata?
Gudi was brought in as a left back backup to replace sweat. Otherwise callens with sands at CB with chanot

Can't believe we've made it through. Hopefully Ronny and the boys can get some revenge against Toronto. We were at the playoff game at Citi Field & I'm sure we'd all love nothing more then to take one back. Lets go blues!

Reactions: Sabo
prediction: NYCFC wins MLS IS BACK tourney on the back of golden boot winner Jesus Medina.

side note: heber looks like he's training again, although not sure how much he's training. but at least that's a good sign.

Reactions: Kenny
Gudi was brought in as a left back backup to replace sweat. Otherwise callens with sands at CB with chanot
So is the thought of Callens at LWB
With Sands and Chanot in CB roles Timmy at RWB...
Is Gudi Okay? serviceable?

Reactions: adam
So is the thought of Callens at LWB
With Sands and Chanot in CB roles Timmy at RWB...
Is Gudi Okay? serviceable?

we don't know how Gudi is at LWB cause he hasn't played much. He was deployed in the midfield when he started vs orlando and by my eye, he didn't offer much to be impressed about? in his interview, he said he was actually more comfortable playing d-mid, but he didn't show any real talent at that position vs orlando. to be fair, no one played well that game, especially early on.

Also, to be fair, mata isn't exactly a defensive marvel either. So, as long as he's just as good (and hopefully better) defensively with the sacrifice of maybe giving up some offensive threat, i'd be ok with it. sweat was our backup leftback for awhile ... gudi can't be worse than sweat, right?? RIGHT??

1 at a time boys. Oh and Ronny, please bench mata.

no, he needs his chance at revenge plus I don’t want gudi there since he has never played LB for us I don’t even know how the he is going to play. He May be worse than mata as crazy as it sounds

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.