Montreal - Postmatch

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Not much to say about this one. The players look like they really don’t know how to execute whatever it is that Dome is trying to have them do. There’s just no end result. Our attack fizzles out or we turn the ball over.
It’s tough to break a defense down when everyone is standing still.
Ofori actually made a bit of a difference. Moreso because it pushed Amagat up the field and got him out of the way. We were actually able to pass through Montreal’s midfield when that happened.
Tinnerholm probably had his worst game for the club. Looked a shell of himself.
Uhm yeah, what more is there to say? We look underwhelming.
giphy.gif

NYCFC is probably the most predictable team in the league. Bunch your defenders in the middle, give wide space, NYCFC will either cross to nobody or try combination play which will end on a defenders foot. Wait for a mistake or a counter. Guaranteed success.

I’m trying to think of a player who had a good game - or at least looked like he knew what he was doing. Still thinking.

This team just sucks. No style. Players have seriously regressed. We’re starting a has-been/never-was in midfield. Fck it, Dome is in so far over his head and his tinkering is just making it worse. We could win MLS cup and I’d still hope he’s fired - this team is awful to watch.

Well I sure feel great about the trip to Minnesota I booked for next weekend.

Minnesota is dogshit away from home and pretty good at home. So we’ll either get a “hard-fought” tie or “tired from 3 games in eight days” loss.

If I’m a player on this team, working hard the whole year and Dome brings in a guy (Amagat) who clearly doesn’t bring anything, but Dome puts him right in the starting lineup because Dome is “familiar” with him - I’d be pretty pissed.

So now we know dome was great at telling Pep interesting tactical quirks but Pep had a fantastic filter to know what would work and what would eff his team up.

Dome is as bad as Juan Carlos Osorio. Heck, we all come in and debate endlessly who might play where - the announcers tonight said the same. You cannot be at that stage 30 games into the season. Look at the teams around us - ATL, RBNJ, CLB - they know how they want to play. Even with PV, he was a stubborn SOB and we shit on him for playing out of the back and giving up crappy goals due to errors - but the team knew how to play.

This team doesn’t have a clue. Can’t wait to see them have 67% possession and outshoot Philly 17-3 in the knockout game and lose 1-0 at home.

We were the better team, again. I don't like how comfortable it was for Montreal to essentially play rope-a-dope against us, and wait for us to play it to Sweat who would invariably give it away. But we were undoubtedly the better team. Especially when Dome made the switch to add Ofori to the midfield. I'm mainly worried about where Villa fits into this team - he was anonymous in the first half, and we're not going to win many games if that's the case.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
As I’ve said before, no team that so consistently runs their offense through Ben Sweat can be considered a good one.