Most Worrying NYCFC-related Headline I've Seen All Year

FredMertz

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jun 2, 2014
Reactions: adam
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/t.../mooy-moves-from-melbourne-to-manchester-city

In a nutshell, CFG is moving a very talented Australian MF, Aaron Mooy, from Melbourne City to Man City. And it seems like they're planning to loan him out.

When they came for Mooy, I didn't say anything because Mooy is not on my team.

When they came for Harrison, nobody was left to say anything...

However, raiding our development academies is actually a great way for us to skirt the cap. NYCFC would be entitled to 75% of whatever fee they pay for the prospect in GAM. If they buy 2-3 of our academy youngsters for $1mm each, we get an extra $1.5mm-$2.25mm GAM to use agains the cap!

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/t.../mooy-moves-from-melbourne-to-manchester-city

In a nutshell, CFG is moving a very talented Australian MF, Aaron Mooy, from Melbourne City to Man City. And it seems like they're planning to loan him out.

I totally agree..... but there would be a full-on fan revolt if Harrison was poached. The team had to move mountains to get the #1pick, and that is not an every-year type move - losing Harrison would set us back considerably because the amount of GAM we'd reap wouldn't allow us to duplicate his worth and we can't simply draft the same way the following year. I have to hope CFG is smart enough to realize this kid is special to the team and not to fck with the situation. Also, if Jack has any aspirations at all about becoming a citizen, and he's currently in the process of getting the green card, then he won't move and ruin his timeline.

Reactions: adam

You mean amazing since Man City is going to loan him to us next season. Mooy outgrew the A League plain and simple. Mooy was gone from Melbourne City with or without Man City signing him. This was not a poaching.

If Harrison outgrows the MLS then we need to let him move on to greener pastures.

Super classy Holocaust reference btw. :confused:

I totally agree..... but there would be a full-on fan revolt if Harrison was poached. The team had to move mountains to get the #1pick, and that is not an every-year type move - losing Harrison would set us back considerably because the amount of GAM we'd reap wouldn't allow us to duplicate his worth and we can't simply draft the same way the following year. I have to hope CFG is smart enough to realize this kid is special to the team and not to fck with the situation. Also, if Jack has any aspirations at all about becoming a citizen, and he's currently in the process of getting the green card, then he won't move and ruin his timeline.

If Jack continues to play the way he has or better with growth teams from higher leagues are going to come calling. His departure will be inevitable be it to MCFC or some other big team. This is the reality of cheering for a team in a lower level league. Our relationship with MCFC might make it more likely he ends up there but it doesn't change the fact that if he out grows the league he will leave. The same would happen on any MLS team.

Agreed with all of the above. The Lampard thing was poaching. This would just be the business of soccer as it exists now. As long as we don't give him away on a sweetheart deal I don't care, and since the GAM benefit to the club is capped, even that prospect doesn't bother me too much.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
As long as they don't poach someone to then just loan them out. I suppose that makes some sense with Melbourne given the level of the league, but it's doubtful a player could be loaned by MCFC to somewhere better than NYC.

As long as they don't poach someone to then just loan them out. I suppose that makes some sense with Melbourne given the level of the league, but it's doubtful a player could be loaned by MCFC to somewhere better than NYC.
They can loan him to a non-CFG team.

I also want to state that CFG signed two players to MCFC and loaned them out to Melbourne with the intended purpose of circumventing cap and salary rules for the A-League

Reactions: adam and NYCFCfan
They can loan him to a non-CFG team.

I also want to state that CFG signed two players to MCFC and loaned them out to Melbourne with the intended purpose of circumventing cap and salary rules for the A-League

Yes, but to whom would MCFC loan a player that is decidedly better than just letting him develop at NYCFC?

Why is everyone else missing this? THIS right here is the story. CFG have done it with Melbourne, they've tried to do it with NYCFC twice (Koura & Demihcellis), they'll try to do what they can to help their teams win because losing is a bad reflection on CFG.

Yes, but to whom would MCFC loan a player that is decidedly better than just letting him develop at NYCFC?

They took Facey back from us and loaned him to Rotherham. Not saying he was all that great, but he could have developed here, and they went in another direction. I'd have liked to still have him with us.

Edit: Maybe I just didn't understand your question, lol. Not quite finished with my coffee. Are we talking about a player that is decidedly better than someone who would be playing at NYCFC for development? In that case, Facey doesn't really fit and my response is moot. :)

Why is everyone else missing this? THIS right here is the story. CFG have done it with Melbourne, they've tried to do it with NYCFC twice (Koura & Demihcellis), they'll try to do what they can to help their teams win because losing is a bad reflection on CFG.

Any word on possible loans to us this summer? It's kind of weird that we jettisoned Poku before any rumors of new targets. Our fan base is usually really good at digging up that stuff early.

this will happen sooner or later....but i dont think there is anyone worth poaching right now for Man city....harrison only has a few games under his belt.....maybe at end of season if he continues to have good performances

I think the quality of the MLS is improving but we aren't even the best league on our own continent. I don't think we are even in the Top 10 of world leagues. You can even make the argument that the Championship or 2. Bundesliga is of similar or better quality than MLS right now.

They took Facey back from us and loaned him to Rotherham. Not saying he was all that great, but he could have developed here, and they went in another direction. I'd have liked to still have him with us.

Edit: Maybe I just didn't understand your question, lol. Not quite finished with my coffee. Are we talking about a player that is decidedly better than someone who would be playing at NYCFC for development? In that case, Facey doesn't really fit and my response is moot. :)
Perhaps Facey isn't here because PV didn't want him? PV coached him and knows his strengths/weaknesses and perhaps after seeing his play last year, he decided Facey wasn't the guy to help the team he was taking the reigns of??? Self preservation at work?

Perhaps Facey isn't here because PV didn't want him? PV coached him and knows his strengths/weaknesses and perhaps after seeing his play last year, he decided Facey wasn't the guy to help the team he was taking the reigns of??? Self preservation at work?

Totally possible, but it could have been a whole bunch of things. Maybe Facey was homesick, so he asked to be loaned closer to home. Either way, if it weren't for the INT slot factor, I'd much rather have Facey than White right now.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Totally possible, but it could have been a whole bunch of things. Maybe Facey was homesick, so he asked to be loaned closer to home. Either way, if it weren't for the INT slot factor, I'd much rather have Facey than White right now.
If Facey's end goal is to play in the EPL then Championship makes a ton more sense than MLS.

Any word on possible loans to us this summer? It's kind of weird that we jettisoned Poku before any rumors of new targets. Our fan base is usually really good at digging up that stuff early.
My understanding is Vieira doesn't want loan players from MCFC if he can't get them permanently. He wants the option to be able to buy players on loan if he likes what he sees.