WeAreOne-5boros.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
  • WeAreOne-Supporters.jpg
    WeAreOne-Supporters.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • WeAreOne-Together2.jpg
    WeAreOne-Together2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
It doesn't need to be original. It needs to be sincere. If the show that they mean this; what's the issue?

My first exposure to this hashtag/slogan in an NYCFC context was on this forum.
Was a rationale behind it given when it was released?

My reason for asking is that the association I made with it immediately was the one I referred to and I don't necessarily think that the club and its fans feel the need for it to have that kind of association.

There was no rationale given beyond the blurb on the page:

Nearly 8.5 million people populate the melting pot that is New York City.

Each year our city welcomes millions from around the world. We comprise a myriad of races, religions, professions, ages and ethnicities.

No matter who we are or where we’re from, New Yorkers are proud. New Yorkers are tough.

As Frank Sinatra famously sang, “If I can make it there, I’ll make it anywhere.”

New York City FC is the embodiment of New York City.

That’s why #WeAreOne is our New York City FC rallying cry.

#WeAreOne represents coming together as one city, one squad, one community, one Club. We are about belonging, passion, endurance and solidarity. It’s celebrating the good times with one another and standing together when times get tough. It’s about cheering loudly, giving it all and making a difference.

#WeAreOne represents coming together as one city, one squad, one community, one Club. We are about belonging, passion, endurance and solidarity. It’s celebrating the good times with one another and standing together when times get tough. It’s about cheering loudly, giving it all and making a difference.

I stand corrected.
Maybe this is the marketing strategy they should have used from the beginning instead of waiting until the end of the season. We'll see how long they stick with this strategy, which seems fine so long as it has some persistence.

#weareamarketingdepartment

#hashtagsaredumb

#mycatisnamedhashtag

#whatswrongwithhashtagnycfc

yes the timing on this is weird, maybe should of waited unti 2016 is upon us for the new season

Reactions: CP_Scouse