New England - Postmatch

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Jack Harrison was sent off early with a straight red card leaving NYCFC to play with 10 men. New England scored in the first half and then another easy one came in the second half. Khiry Shelton scored late but it wasn't enough as NYCFC fall 2-1.

Next week is a must win.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Not sure how much you can take away from this game considering we played a huge amount of it down a man. We didn't look great before the red, but I feel like we could have played our way into the match. Not like the Revs looked great beforehand either.

And thought we had stretches were we looked dangerous even down a man.

Hopefully Sweat played himself out of the starting XI today, because he was pretty terrible.

And I would rather we not have scored because now watch Shelton get the start next week.

Hey, at least Ring didn't get a yellow!
And Atlanta didn't win

Wallace was shite. McNamaradona shot with an air gun. I just hope that the team can get over of all the bad decisions and that PV sees the the light: Thomas McNamara is not up to it. Fullstop.

Reactions: The Toe and Ulrich
I'm done with PV and these ridiculous starting XIs. If Mata is fit, he should be starting over Ben Sweat. No one can seriously say that Sweat is better. We can't get more than one goal... We need playmakers. Wallace hasn't had a goal in 5 months and you have Lewis not even making the 18. At least Lewis isn't afraid to take a shot. Goddamn Khriy Shelton! The guy is completely useless. He has no touch! I'm so pissed right now that I'm not even coherent. If PV starts Shelton on Sunday I'm walking out of Citi Field.

We didn't have maxi on the road and still control our own destiny going into the last week. Also, Chicago moved into the 3rd spot. All in all it didn't work out so bad for us. It's not like losing to T&T or something. #perspective

Mr 44 FF my Andrea percentage to help this team will always be Greater than one Mr Josh Dick Head Saunders !! Even when he's home in the vineyard !!

Our Organization must address These God Damn Incompetent Refs ! Stop holding our boy's hostage assholes !!

Why the ref didn't review the play? It was obviously a yellow card play, but not red.
If that's red, Sergio Ramos is out of game in every single match. Not only US national team, but I guess US refs also need to develop the quality.
Or should I just accept the fact that NYCFC was not good enough lol

Silver lining from this game was Awuah, he actually showed quite well, made smart, if not overly creative passes, didn't lose the ball, and showed that he wanted to be involved with the buildup, if he starts getting more reps, maybe even with an affiliate, he could develop into some good depth for the team.

Silver lining from this game was Awuah, he actually showed quite well, made smart, if not overly creative passes, didn't lose the ball, and showed that he wanted to be involved with the buildup, if he starts getting more reps, maybe even with an affiliate, he could develop into some good depth for the team.
I agree 100% but with the CPL on the horizon I wonder if we could capitalize on his value now.

This game takes Villa out of the running for MVP and Golden Boot. Valeri has scored and Nikolic had a hat trick.

Reactions: The Toe
This game takes Villa out of the running for MVP and Golden Boot. Valeri has scored and Nikolic had a hat trick.

Yup, most likely those awards are done and dusted. No way Villa wins the golden boot now even if he scores a hat trick in the final game and Valeris consistency over the final two months (he's been scoring like a goal a game while Villa has tailed off significantly - and yes I know he was injured but voters won't take that into account).

Hell, when all the players went off for that intl break is when the team went to shite. Peaked too early and going to get bounced.

I’m just about done with PV. He has no plan B and his bench isn’t selected with the ability to claw back goals. We had no true offensive subs... albeit Khiry was truely offensive to watch, but there were no true forwards on the bench; Mata would have been the most useful up front but he was brought in as a defender.

Harrison’s slide was studs up but he didn’t make contact. Yellow at worst. And if his was a red, then the New England player that kicked Johnson in the head should have been sent off immediately. And it seemed like every NE player got multiple warnings when they could have gotten straight yellows. I’m not saying there may be a conspiracy against NYCFC, I’m saying there’s definitely a conspiracy. It’s bullshit and tiring to watch shitty calls every single game; there isn’t even an air of neutrality with the calls.

That field looked atrocious. Lots of players on both teams had trouble with their footing. I was expecting a major injury to befall somebody with an awkward stumble.

Awuah looked fast, controlled on the ball, and tenacious tracking the ball. Mark him down as one more mark against PV’s squad management. I’d take him any day over Lopez, TMac, Shelton, and even Pirlo.

I’m just about done with PV. He has no plan B and his bench isn’t selected with the ability to claw back goals. We had no true offensive subs... albeit Khiry was truely offensive to watch, but there were no true forwards on the bench; Mata would have been the most useful up front but he was brought in as a defender.

Harrison’s slide was studs up but he didn’t make contact. Yellow at worst. And if his was a red, then the New England player that kicked Johnson in the head should have been sent off immediately. And it seemed like every NE player got multiple warnings when they could have gotten straight yellows. I’m not saying there may be a conspiracy against NYCFC, I’m saying there’s definitely a conspiracy. It’s bullshit and tiring to watch shitty calls every single game; there isn’t even an air of neutrality with the calls.

That field looked atrocious. Lots of players on both teams had trouble with their footing. I was expecting a major injury to befall somebody with an awkward stumble.

Awuah looked fast, controlled on the ball, and tenacious tracking the ball. Mark him down as one more mark against PV’s squad management. I’d take him any day over Lopez, TMac, Shelton, and even Pirlo.

Awuah played 10 minutes this game ha. I'd give it a full game or two before you can actually judge how good he is.

Lots of garbage all over the place.

What on earth is the point in VAR if they don't use it to call out a clearly wrong decision? Is it just that if the ref isn't sure, he can consult VAR? And if he already made his decision, VAR can'r reverse it? Because, as people have said, that was never a red. Yellow maybe, but not a red. And it was an example of where VAR could be useful. On first viewing, I turned to my old man and said that could be a red, but after seeing the replay - Jack made sure to keep his trailing leg behind him (so no 2-footed tackle) and followed the ball and made minimal contact with the man - it was clearly not a red.

Basically no one got pass marks today, except Johnson.

Remember the Toronto game where Pirlo got shit on for letting Giovinco walk off him to score? Right before the goal I was yelling at Villa for just standing there and not caring about the play around him. Seemed like a very similar situation.

And wtf, why do we put Khiry on the field? Total empty space on the field. My god man, if you're a second half sub, when we're trailing you ought to have some level of energy and be closing people down all over the place, not standing there, letting people run past you.

And the whole team was too deep, too tentative, too slow, lacked shape and seemed to lack desire and cohesion. Pretty terrible day at the office all told.

Reactions: Paul and Ulrich
Ref: "That's a red card."

VAR Official: "come look at replay, I don't think so."

Ref: "nah I'm good."

This is literally how VAR works today and is fucking bullshit. Oh, and by the way, if the ref gives him a yellow, even if VAR official says it's a red, it doesn't matter because yellows are not reviewable.

giphy.gif

Why the ref didn't review the play? It was obviously a yellow card play, but not red.
If that's red, Sergio Ramos is out of game in every single match. Not only US national team, but I guess US refs also need to develop the quality. Or should I just accept the fact that NYCFC was not good enough lol

Can they appeal this play to the league enough to reverse red so he's not suspended?