New Jersey Supporters Group

Coltons13

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 26, 2015
Maplewood, NJ
Hey all! I see that there is a thread of supporters in New Jersey with 74 replies in it! Good to know that there are so many of us out here across the river.

I don't think I've seen any existence of a supporter's group in New Jersey and I suppose I was wondering if there was any interest in getting one off the ground? I'd love to have a group closer to me than NYC to be a more active part of! Any thoughts?

Reactions: Ccmcadam
Doesn't New Jersey have their own team?

Doesn't New Jersey have their own team?

There are plenty of fans in NJ who never liked the Red Bulls and feel connected to NYCFC as their local team. Is that some kind of problem? I don't think a team should be alienating any fans, particularly season ticket holders who trek up to the stadium for every match.

Hey all! I see that there is a thread of supporters in New Jersey with 74 replies in it! Good to know that there are so many of us out here across the river.

I don't think I've seen any existence of a supporter's group in New Jersey and I suppose I was wondering if there was any interest in getting one off the ground? I'd love to have a group closer to me than NYC to be a more active part of! Any thoughts?
There's a Third Rail New Jersey chapter fwiw

there is a Third Rail New Jersey group on Twitter, @ThirdRailNJ. I think they sometimes do meets ups for Away games

There's a Third Rail New Jersey chapter fwiw

They seem active enough on twitter, but I'm hoping for a bit more close knit of a group I suppose. I know there's quite a few people who aren't awfully fond of TR and it always did seem a bit loosely collected to me.

there is a Third Rail New Jersey group on Twitter, @ThirdRailNJ. I think they sometimes do meets ups for Away games
Do you know if they'll be watching the match tonight anywhere? I know there's only one partner pub listed on the NYCFC site, not sure if that's where they meet or not!

There are plenty of fans in NJ who never liked the Red Bulls and feel connected to NYCFC as their local team. Is that some kind of problem? I don't think a team should be alienating any fans, particularly season ticket holders who trek up to the stadium for every match.

Just messing with you. Better grow a thicker skin if you're supporting NYC from NJ :)

Reactions: Vallos
Do you know if they'll be watching the match tonight anywhere? I know there's only one partner pub listed on the NYCFC site, not sure if that's where they meet or not!

nothing posted about it. Mid week game and all

They absolutely get together for away matches and they drink together before matches as well as sit together as a group in the supporters section.
I'll give them a better try. Are they very close knit? My experiences with TR so far have seemed like they aren't so.

I'll give them a better try. Are they very close knit? My experiences with TR so far have seemed like they aren't so.
You'll always have your people that will join an SG for the cheap ticket. But for the most part there are a lot of active members. You have to make the commitment, otherwise it won't seem close knit as you'd be on the outside looking in. But I'm sure if you give them a shout and start going to away bars/games with the group you'll bond with them.

You'll always have your people that will join an SG for the cheap ticket. But for the most part there are a lot of active members. You have to make the commitment, otherwise it won't seem close knit as you'd be on the outside looking in. But I'm sure if you give them a shout and start going to away bars/games with the group you'll bond with them.
I'll definitely try to do so. The only issue with meeting up to watch and stuff is that the only pub partner is 45 minutes away, so if that's where they gather it's a bit far. But I'll try and do more things with them!

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
True, but damn is there just nowhere to watch it at all.

Your best bet is to find a bar with satellite TV to watch foreign matches. It will be played on Sky Sports. If they can access it with their setup, you can watch that way.

Trying to revive this thread. Any other NJ folks still looking for a spot close to home for away games? I'm in essex.