New Member From Uws

WestSideGuy

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 16, 2015
UWS
I've been lurking for a while, but I figure now that I finally purchased my season tickets I would come out and join the party on the forum. What a game and experience last night! Only drawbacks were the security getting in, the lines in the store to pick up swag, and the lines at the concessions, but I figure that will all get better with time. I was really pleased with the crowd, the game, the overall atmosphere, and the view of the game from our seats (which I was really worried about). Looking forward to lots of fun this year and some great times on the forum.

Welcome to the forum!

I think it's all about timing. I went into the stadium (no idea which gate...whichever one is across the street from The Dugout) at around 3:45. No lines. Security actually had to yell at us to move down becuase there were three other (empty) lanes.

Thanks you. Yes; it may be timing, plus they will learn and I have learned. I waited an eternity on a food line (which barely moved) at half-time. I jumped off the line and decided not to eat just before the second-half kickoff. I'd rather watch the game than eat. Next time I'll eat before or after the game to avoid it - might save me a few bucks as well. On getting into the stadium, we walked down to the gate behind home plate, and it was not terrible; you could tell that security was figuring it all out - and I did get an email from NYCFC warning about long waits - so we got there early.

I don't want to harp on this stuff because it was minor - just surprising. The experience was massive and there clearly was a lot of planning by YS and the club that went into it. The game was good, cheers, etc. and we got caught up in the band playing outside on 161st Street afterwards - a great night.