New York City Visit

Danamy

Registered
Sep 29, 2019
The Giddy Train!
A Manchester City Fan here who comes in peace!

I'm once again visiting your great City from Thursday 17th October - Tuesday 22nd October 2019 and I've noticed that the first play off game should fall on the Saturday or Sunday while we're visiting, I've already made plans for the Sunday (20th) but if the game falls on Saturday 19th October what do you think of my chances for tickets?

Apologies to the Mods if this is in the wrong forum and feel free to move, i wasn't quite sure where to put it?

Go gentle on me being the newbie ;)

Last edited:
A Manchester City Fan here who comes in peace!

I'm once again visiting your great City from Thursday 17th October - Tuesday 22nd October 2019 and I've noticed that the first play off game should fall on the Saturday or Sunday while we're visiting, I've already made plans for the Sunday (20th) but if the game falls on Saturday 19th October what do you think of my chances for tickets?

Apologies to the Mods if this is in the wrong forum and feel free to move, i wasn't quite sure where to put it?

Go gentle on me being the newbie ;)
Hey!
Two things:
1) The first round on 19/20 is only if we come below 1st place. Currently we are sitting in 1st, therefore we get a 'bye' until the second round which is the 23/24. We just need one point to clinch 1st place, so the chances of us getting there are pretty high.
however, if we do somehow fall to second....
2) They'll be really easy to get, don't owrry lol. Ticketmaster, stubhub, this forum, you'll find tickets easily.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Hey!
Two things:
1) The first round on 19/20 is only if we come below 1st place. Currently we are sitting in 1st, therefore we get a 'bye' until the second round which is the 23/24. We just need one point to clinch 1st place, so the chances of us getting there are pretty high.
however, if we do somehow fall to second....
2) They'll be really easy to get, don't owrry lol. Ticketmaster, stubhub, this forum, you'll find tickets easily.
Thanks for the reply

I didn't realize there's an automatic bye for finishing 1st, so that looks like a non starter for me then, shame as i would've looked forward to attending that during our visit.

Good luck in the play offs!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply

I didn't realize there's an automatic bye for finishing 1st, so that looks like a non starter for me then?
Well here's the thing...
We are on 61 points, Philadelphia is on 55. We play two teams: One being New England, the other being Philadelphia. Philadelphia also plays Columbus today.
...If we get lose today and Philadelphia wins, then it's 58 points to 61 points. We then play them next week. If they win that game, they will overtake us, and therefore take first place from us. If that happens, we play on the 19th or 20th.
...However, if either we take one point today, or Philly drop any points today, we will clinch first.

I would love to see you at a game, however for the team's sake I'd rather we take 1st place, haha~!
As a Man City Fan, you definitely know the feeling of 1st place. ;)

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Well here's the thing...
We are on 61 points, Philadelphia is on 55. We play two teams: One being New England, the other being Philadelphia. Philadelphia also plays Columbus today.
...If we get lose today and Philadelphia wins, then it's 58 points to 61 points. We then play them next week. If they win that game, they will overtake us, and therefore take first place from us. If that happens, we play on the 19th or 20th.
...However, if either we take one point today, or Philly drop any points today, we will clinch first.

I would love to see you at a game, however for the team's sake I'd rather we take 1st place, haha~!
As a Man City Fan, you definitely know the feeling of 1st place. ;)
If you lose the last two and Philly win both games does it go to goal difference like the Premier League or is it head to head?

It's great seeing Dom doing so well in his first season, i bet you've seen a dramatic change in formation and play since his arrival?

If you lose the last two and Philly win both games does it go to goal difference like the Premier League or is it head to head?

It's great seeing Dom doing so well in his first season, i bet you've seen a dramatic change in formation and play since his arrival?
# of wins is the next tiebreaker and they will have had more than us (18 vs 17) if they win next 2 and we lose next 2.

Hope you have a good weekend and no opportunity to see us play. No offense ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Shwafta and adam
None taken and I'd be exactly the same given your position, I'll be looking out for the scores tonight with interest though :laughing: :soccerball:

Good luck!

Philadelphia lost tonight so NYCFC is 1st in the East. Our first playoff game will be Oct. 23-24.

Dome has been super interesting -- last season the team kind of collapsed after he got here, then we started winless in our first 5 games; to the point where it looked like there was a decent chance he was going to get fired after a game at Minnesota in April. That day, we tied 3-3 and showed some potential, the next game we won away at DC, and it's been a rocket ship ever since then. Dome nearly ran out of time before his strategies started to click, and now here we are, top of the table in the conference, and Dome could actually win the award for Coach of the Year. It's a pretty remarkable turnaround.