NYCFC II - 2022 Schedule/Matchday (MLS NEXT Pro)

i hope next year the games are easier to stream. there is no app or anything for it and i dont know why my stream from laptop or phone always either lagged or was glitchy so i didnt follow the team as much besides seeing results on social media. they barely had highlight videos for the team.

i hope next year the games are easier to stream. there is no app or anything for it and i dont know why my stream from laptop or phone always either lagged or was glitchy so i didnt follow the team as much besides seeing results on social media. they barely had highlight videos for the team.

i never had problems streaming them.. but that's a good point. i wonder if they'll be included in the apple deal? i'm thinking no.. but who knows?

Reactions: KevinJRogers
i never had problems streaming them.. but that's a good point. i wonder if they'll be included in the apple deal? i'm thinking no.. but who knows?

maybe it was just my bad internet, damn you spectrum.

i read that "Select" MLS Next Pro will be shown on Apple. so im assuming is some sort of "game of the week" type thing.

seems like gloster got demoted to the II squad though. don't even see him in any pics with the 1st team anymore and doesn't make the 18.
I think so. He's likely going to be down there for a while, I think. Maybe for good unless he moves.

To be honest, I'm not sure what's in that kid's head sometimes. I was watching yesterday, and he just seems to be in second gear all the time. Every once in a while, he shows a flash and you think, "Okay here we go." And then he just downshifts again.

I think so. He's likely going to be down there for a while, I think. Maybe for good unless he moves.

To be honest, I'm not sure what's in that kid's head sometimes. I was watching yesterday, and he just seems to be in second gear all the time. Every once in a while, he shows a flash and you think, "Okay here we go." And then he just downshifts again.

yea. could just be his ceiling or lack of motivation. he's content being where he's at. *shrug* hopefully that's not the case and he can improve with playing time and good coaching.

yea. could just be his ceiling or lack of motivation. he's content being where he's at. *shrug* hopefully that's not the case and he can improve with playing time and good coaching.
I really think there's some talent to work with. In interviews, he's obviously intelligent. He just doesn't seem to have that competitive fire.

That's not particularly unusual with really good players, of course. They're so much better than everyone around them when they're young they kind of fall into taking it all for granted. Then they get to a certain level and they don't know how to call on that little something extra.

I hope that's not the case with him. Or with Zelalem, either (although in his case I think there's something else going on).

Reactions: moogoo
... Or with Zelalem, either (although in his case I think there's something else going on).
Zelalem has just had a horrible few years. Injuries kept him off the field for a long while, and he also lost his little sister to a car accident in 2018, which was apparently really difficult for him. His first season healthy in years was last season. If he can stay healthy, I like him, although it seems Cushing rates Haak ahead of Gedion, so it may be hard for him to get on the field.

Zelalem has just had a horrible few years. Injuries kept him off the field for a long while, and he also lost his little sister to a car accident in 2018, which was apparently really difficult for him. His first season healthy in years was last season. If he can stay healthy, I like him, although it seems Cushing rates Haak ahead of Gedion, so it may be hard for him to get on the field.
Losing his little sister is a huge issue, I think. What a terrible tragedy. I think she was only 10 years old. I truly believe, having seen him as a debutante with the Gunners, it's had an enormous effect on his play. He just hasn't been the same guy since.

The injuries didn't help either, of course. It really has been a horrible few years for him. He's such a good person and such a good player, too. It's tough to see.

Maybe he would benefit from a spell on the Deuce next year, where he could get a full 90 on a consistent basis and find his fitness and form again. He's not going to break into the XI with the big club at this point. Cushing does indeed rate Haak above him, and I think once Pellegrini knocks some rust off he's going to be another guy who will get time at midfield ahead of him if there's no slot available on the wing.