NYCFC In Talks With Peruvian Forward Raúl Ruidíaz

He's about the same size as Villa, maybe even a touch leaner. Would prefer a forward who's good in the air, but...

So, Transfermarkt has him at 600k euro/year. Wonder how/where they're going to find the $ and the international spot.

Reactions: Kjbert
He's about the same size as Villa, maybe even a touch leaner. Would prefer a forward who's good in the air, but...

So, Transfermarkt has him at 600k euro/year. Wonder how/where they're going to find the $ and the international spot.
Didn't Poku meet officials about his green card yesterday?

Reactions: JayH
Is there a way to get that translated? (Not trying to be lazy, I don't know how to translate an image like that, otherwise I'd just run over to google translate)
I'll do it when I get to work if no one else has.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'll do it when I get to work if no one else has.
Is this your office:

latest

Did anyone else watch the highlight video at the end of the article? I watched a couple of minutes. I hope this guy is high quality. 600k euros on tranfermarkt is a nice sign. But a lot of the goals struck me as bad goal keeping more than great striking.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Did anyone else watch the highlight video at the end of the article? I watched a couple of minutes. I hope this guy is high quality. 600k euros on tranfermarkt is a nice sign. But a lot of the goals struck me as bad goal keeping more than great striking.
Of course, capitalizing on bad goalkeeping (and defending) is a long successful MLS strategy, albeit one that is less fun to root for than actual class.

Is there a way to get that translated? (Not trying to be lazy, I don't know how to translate an image like that, otherwise I'd just run over to google translate)
Translation:

That's what they want to achieve? Put the fans against me?
I never talk about these issues ... but everything has a limit. Especially since we had reached an agreement to manage the whole negotiation in reserve.

The only thing I want to make very clear, is that no one can tell me that I am not a fan ... I haven't busted my ass for this shirt, plus I put a large sum of money out of my own pocket to return to university, the team I love.

I pity these people who do not value all this effort ... and come to say about high economic pretensions ... and that Mr. German Leguia says that to the media he almost fell from the second floor ???

I have only given a reasonable proposal which had already been accepted and what we were seeing were finishing some details of the contract ... At the last meeting they changed their minds and now want to throw myself against the fans ... that's not how you negotiate gentlemen!

Translation:

That's what they want to achieve? Put the fans against me?
I never talk about these issues ... but everything has a limit. Especially since we had reached an agreement to manage the whole negotiation in reserve.

The only thing I want to make very clear, is that no one can tell me that I am not a fan ... I haven't busted my ass for this shirt, plus I put a large sum of money out of my own pocket to return to university, the team I love.

I pity these people who do not value all this effort ... and come to say about high economic pretensions ... and that Mr. German Leguia says that to the media he almost fell from the second floor ???

I have only given a reasonable proposal which had already been accepted and what we were seeing were finishing some details of the contract ... At the last meeting they changed their minds and now want to throw myself against the fans ... that's not how you negotiate gentlemen!

#BurningBridges

Question for me is whether he is an upgrade over what we have. We could definitely stand to improve our wingers and perhaps get some Villa cover (though I'm okay with Mullins), but we already have a lot of bodies. So, hopefully, if they pursue him, he's a step up in quality rather than just another guy in the rotating cast, particularly assuming Harrison is back soon and is actually capable of meaningful contributions in the near term (which we all assume, but don't really know).

#BurningBridges

Question for me is whether he is an upgrade over what we have. We could definitely stand to improve our wingers and perhaps get some Villa cover (though I'm okay with Mullins), but we already have a lot of bodies. So, hopefully, if they pursue him, he's a step up in quality rather than just another guy in the rotating cast, particularly assuming Harrison is back soon and is actually capable of meaningful contributions in the near term (which we all assume, but don't really know).
Burning bridges is right, but the fans all seem to have his back so it seems like the club is out to get him.

I'll take depth, especially young depth. We have 6 games in July, we'll be missing players during Copa America and maybe Euro's if Pirlo gets called up during the summer, which we also have the U.S. Open cup.

He's desperate, he can't play until August 15th so he wants to go somewhere. Even if we loan him out to Wilmington it wouldn't be a bad move because if he turns out great then it's a steal, if he ends up being poor then it's not like we overpaid for a DP.